tonights dinner/Some veggies.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanh1801

Reaction score
Made a new little dish tonight, trying to lose some weight and trying to change things up a little.
1 zucchini,
1 summer squash
a few hand fulls of sugar snap pea's
1/2 onion
1 tsp. of garlic or to taste.
1 1/2 tbl spoons olive oil
crushed red pepper to taste.
It turned out very good, also was a quick filler. I cooked it over med. heat until the squash had a slight brown tint.
Here is a little image for you visual learners. :D

8404-DSCF0326.JPG

That is one of my favorite meals to make as well. I usually add in some bell peppers as well. Throw that on a heap of rice and maybe even heat up some black beans and you have yourself a meal for that nice and something for lunch the next day.

Now do the 2 beers at dinner subtract from the health quality of the meal?

It is that time of year, isn't it. :D

I like the occassional Zucchini and Yellow Squash. Tbh, though I stopped growing them cause I couldn't even keep up with one plant's worth of Crookneck. I did grow 3 petit pan (patty pan) last year and they were pretty much eaten up.

Grilling Zucchini is another great route to go. Piping hot grill, and just brush Zucchini/yellow squash (quartered lengthwise) with either just some herbed olive oil (sprinkle with coarse salt when you take it off), or soy with garlic and ginger. I usually cook it just until it begins to yield to slight finger pressure so that it still retains some 'toothiness' while not being raw.

Latest posts

Back