Pulled the trigger!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitsPale

Reaction score
All -

Picked up the Sanyo 4912 from Best Buy today, and ordered the 3 keg system from ebrew.com. Also picked up 2 regulator check valves (based on the reading I've done here) and some keg lube.

The ingredients for my amber should be arriving in the next day or so, I'll activate the yeast and with any luck be brewing by Saturday evening!

For the first few batches, I'm going with the plastic party/cobra tap until I decide what tower to get!

Any last minute advice?

Andy

Get the ACU tower and the Shirron faucettes, and the micromatic stainless shanks -- you won't regret it. Also, get ACU to tell you the correct size for screws for the base of the tower, I ended up using screws that are too large and it doesn't look as great as it could (although it is STRONG).

How is a draft tower assembled? I mean, how do you get the beer line hooked up to the shank inside the tower then the inner nut tightened down?

Stupid questions, I know, but not something I can find readily...

Andy

The tubing/nuts, etc., came assembled in my tower.

I think I'll have to add an extension on my tower because my Weizen glasses are about 1/4" too tall.

Everytime I tilt it to get it out from underneath the Shirron faucet I lose some.

homebrewer_99 said:
The tubing/nuts, etc., came assembled in my tower.

I think I'll have to add an extension on my tower because my Weizen glasses are about 1/4" too tall.

Everytime I tilt it to get it out from underneath the Shirron faucet I lose some.

if they're pre-assembled, how do you clean them? If you decided to swap faucets (or lines), is a complete tower removal required?

Andy

They can be put together. There's a great link with photos, it's in one of the links posted in this thread, in my post of kegerator building links. Try this:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26967&highlight=sanyo
Go to post #4 in that thread. Good luck. It's not very hard, whether pre-assembled or not. The top comes off the tower, so you can get to the holes and install and tighten the shanks and the lines without too much hassle.

You will no longer be able to count bottles, so now have to keep a mental track of how many you have put away.

And you WILL spend more money of kegging apparatus. It's inevitable. :)

Latest posts

Back