Really, another keezer build thread? Yep.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nodson

Reaction score
Started brewing in January and got sick of bottling pretty quick. Decided to brew some for our after wedding BBQ on 7/2 and did not want to bottle ~150 beers so kegging came into the picture. In a weekend I decided to start kegging, made a purchase through kegconnection and bought a craigslist special 7.2 cf chest freezer.

Luckily I am a engineering grad student so I have a university machine shop at my disposal. Any input is appreciated.

0615111231.jpg

0622111738.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Oh yeah, the freezer was beat up and an ugly white so it got some new paint.

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0898.jpg

Test Fitting before final coat of paint and stain.

IMG_0895.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

This is how it sits now. Will finish assembly tomorrow so I can keg/carb Mon and Tues. I also have a wall mount bottle opener that will be on the right side of the text.

Thanks!

Mounted the collal this morning, waiting for the adhesive to dry so I can mount the lid and cold crash the lemonade that is waiting to be kegged.

IMG_0899.jpg

Got impatient and mounted the lid and installed faucets and shanks. Keg tomorrow and Test on Tues/Wed.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

Love the look you have there.... Having access to the tools you have just think of the cool things you can do. Well done!!

I'm looking at building a keezer soon myself. I just got a fridge and a temp controller. I noticed you purchased at Keg Connection. Was it one of the conversion kits? Do those come with everything I would need (aside from the wood and those things obviously)?

Yes it is one of the conversion kits. It is the 3 keg pin lock standard kit. It came with everything except the thermostat and I also added an order of line cleaner. Got here really quick and everything looks great. I am excited to carb my lemonade and dark wheat for this weekend. Hopefully I will have some "action" shots.

nice job. i have seen a number of them painted black and i might end up doing that in the long, right now mine is still white but it's still sexy. Great job.

nice job. i have seen a number of them painted black and i might end up doing that in the long, right now mine is still white but it's still sexy. Great job.

For those that painted their keezer, did you use appliance paint? Do they look as good in person as they do in the pics I've seen? I'm interested in building one and I prefer black to white so just wondering if it's worth the extra money to buy a black one or if they paint up well. Oh, and if you've painted one, is the finish fairly durable (as durable as the original finish)?

BTW, very nice build!

For those that painted their keezer, did you use appliance paint? Do they look as good in person as they do in the pics I've seen? I'm interested in building one and I prefer black to white so just wondering if it's worth the extra money to buy a black one or if they paint up well. Oh, and if you've painted one, is the finish fairly durable (as durable as the original finish)?

BTW, very nice build!

I did use the appliance paint. It wasn't too much more per can. I used just over 2 cans of paint. It looks surprisingly good in person. I was expecting a so so finish but it looks factory. If you want a black one (as I did) I would suggest getting the appliance paint. Make sure to tape it off well. overspray onto the inside will kill how nice it looks.

I kegged/carbed the extra hard lemonade and my dark orange wheat last night so hopefully it will be functional soon.

Thanks everyone for the comments Almost makes up for an upset SWMBO.

:mug:

Back