OMG Facebook

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I am on Facebook. I don't say too much, but I keep in touch with old friends and my kids.

But kids have no self-filters.

Here's a copy of my last conversation with my daughter (the mother of my two-year-old grandon):

Tara Lee
Ok. That's it. Time to up my amount of daily kegels.. Peeing your pants sucks!!!
Like ·

Me: I do NOT want to know what prompted that moment of self discovery.
*a few seconds ago

It's a brave new world...if I want to communicate with my kids that are in college I have to do it via facebook or Twitter....I also find out everything they have done wrong through the same sources.

Yooper said:
So, I am on Facebook. I don't say too much, but I keep in touch with old friends and my kids.

Here's a copy of my last conversation with my daughter (the mother of my two-year-old grandon):

Tara Lee
Ok. That's it. Time to up my amount of daily kegels.. Peeing your pants sucks!!!
Like ·

*a few seconds ago

So I'm right in that generation where I love Facebook and cannot, despite multiple attempts, understand the appeal of twitter. And I could not agree more about the ridiculousness of what some people post. Although I must say, Yooper, your daughter takes it to a level I have rarely seen. :p

That's one of the side benefits of HBT. You can post drunken ramblings with little chance of exposing your dirty laundry to the world outside of our little (but growing) family.

Here it's almost expected!

Waits for the shart reveals. :cross:

Wait until you go on dailymotion.com and facebook simultaneously advertises what you are watching. My mother in law didnt really need to know that I was watching Finnish women playing strip tug of war.

Friggin facebook.

So I'm right in that generation where I love Facebook and cannot, despite multiple attempts, understand the appeal of twitter. And I could not agree more about the ridiculousness of what some people post. Although I must say, Yooper, your daughter takes it to a level I have rarely seen. :p

I am also a FB user and not a twitter user but I can understand wanting one platform (FB) where you know your family/coworkers are and can limit what you say and one platform (twitter) where you can keep some anonymity. Otherwise I guess the appeal is being able to follow/talk to others without giving them access to all the FB account info.

I am also a FB user and not a twitter user but I can understand wanting one platform (FB) where you know your family/coworkers are and can limit what you say and one platform (twitter) where you can keep some anonymity. Otherwise I guess the appeal is being able to follow/talk to others without giving them access to all the FB account info.

Yeah, I guess the thing for me is i don't post things that I would only feel comfortable doing with "some anonymity." So maybe that's why I don't get it. :p It just seems like a more limited format to me.

Wait until you go on dailymotion.com and facebook simultaneously advertises what you are watching. My mother in law didnt really need to know that I was watching Finnish women playing strip tug of war.

Friggin facebook.
lmao
i just peed my pants a little....lol...:cross:
i have to filter myself allot not to get into sum trouble with friends, work, family... i try to keep positive unless im really pissed off.. best thing is the flood of info you can get when 90% of my likes are about beer, brewerys, homebrew, LHBS, ect. everyone thinks i grow weed or sell cause of all my hop pictures i post especially when i have them on the gram scale in the pic:mug:

In other news, everytime someone mentions a keggle here, I picture a woman with her own beer tap.

Dont look at me like that.

Tara Lee
Like ·

*a few seconds ago

This made me chuckle.

Oh, on an off topic... Yooper, have YOU ever done anything that might cause embarrassment to her, say on a public forum??? :cross:

Speaking of sharts,I was on youtube the last 4 days or so looking at model rockets. A hobby I was into as a teen designing them. Ran across a vid of one of those big,high powered muti-K rockets. It & the solid motor propelling it were called a sonic skidmark.
I couldn't resist replying,"& there you have it folks,the world's 1st super sonic shart!". They do sound like a butt jet at that...but the name really cracked up my benny hill side.

I've been on a hiring spree across the country and most of these recent college grads have friended me on FB which gives me a chance to look at photos of their their extra-curricular activities. I don't mind a few pictures of their drunken antics but I would be concerned if there were lots of pictures of them passed out in lawn chairs or face down in the yard. It makes me feel like a creepy old man but I want to know something about them before they start working for me.

I remember when Facebook came out and it was exclusive to just college students. Then opened it up to everyone and it went downhill. My parents are on it and I've declined their friend requests multiple times. They don't understand that they are my parents and not my friends, and that degree of separation is good for all of us. Plus I don't want to delete every embarrassing picture or comment that they wouldn't like.

Now it seems like Facebook has devolved into constant baby picture updates - at least that seems to be what a lot of my peer group is doing now.

Tara Lee
Like ·

*a few seconds ago

Pretty tame compared to what a few of my friends (in their 30s and 40s) post. Why the hell someone would want to broadcast that their junk smells like feta is beyond me.

Pretty tame compared to what a few of my friends (in their 30s and 40s) post. Why the hell someone would want to broadcast that their junk smells like feta is beyond me.
You have to admit, it is rather impressive the full spectrum and range of junk related smells...

Now it seems like Facebook has devolved into constant baby picture updates - at least that seems to be what a lot of my peer group is doing now.

What are you waiting for Darwin? You'll never improve your fitness unless you keep up your reproductive rate :tank:

Back