Using Beergas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyAB

Reaction score
I ordered a stout faucet from Adventures in Homebrewing wanting to add nitrogen,(or rather beergas), to my setup. As far as the tank and regulator are concerned, can I use a CO2 tank with adapter for the nitrogen reg or do I need a nitrogen tank and nitrogen reg?

All of the ones I have seen are nitrogen tanks. The pressure is higher than CO2. To be safe I would check with your gas supplier. I know here beer gas is exchange only, they only have 1 size tank they carry it in, and they won't exchange tanks that were not purchased through them.

They are the only game in town, so they get to set the rules.

It depends upon your gas supplier. Mine uses a tank with regular CO2 regulator threads.

Just check what your local supplier uses. Don't spend money on equipment until you know exactly what they will require. My supplier uses standard CO2 tanks and regulators.

Thanks fellas. It would be nice if I could use the CO2 tank and regulator. I'll phone the shop where I get my CO2 and find out for sure.

So another question. Is the 75% N/ 25% CO2 by weight or by volume? I'm guessing weight but would like somebody to confirm.

I believe it is by pressure. It isn't a liquid like straight CO2 or Propane is, so it feels really light in comparison.

Back