What would cause foam in bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheesehed007

Reaction score
Hi all. I have 2 bottles chilling in the fridge for a couple of days. And one has foam on top. I noticed it last night and thought my wife had moved things around and maybe stirred things up. But it's still foamed this morning... Just wondering. Here's a pic..

image-1364572638.jpg

Thanks and Cheers!

I have had this happen , I too was wondering what the H E double toothpick. I suspected the cap had a leak. So I turned the bottle upside down and set it in the corner of my counter top with a paper towel under it. sure enough in 5 minutes there was beer dripping out of the cap.

Go into your fridge, grab a commercial bottle of beer, one that was capped at a plant. Give it a good shake...and you'll see foam.

It foamed because when you were putting it in the fridge or when someone was rooting it the fridge, the beer got agitated.

Usually the most LOGICAL answers are the right one...You're wife moved it like you said.

It's not going to dissipate all that fast, because the beer's in a sealed environment, the only way for them to break down is for their surface tension to degrade, there's not going to be anything necessarily breaking them.

Back