VA group bulk grain buy #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mb2696

Reaction score
READ THIS BEFORE POSTING YOUR ORDER:

1) I NEED YOUR EMAIL: When you post your order, please send me a PM with your name and email address, regardless of whether you've been on a group buy with me before. I WILL NOT add you to the order until I get a PM from you with this information.

2) PAYMENT: After the pallet fills, I will get a quote (prices fluctuate somewhat), send out totals, collect money, then place the order. Payment is accepted via PayPal, check, money order, or cash in person.

3) PICKUP: Grain will be delivered to my house in Charlottesville. I will arrange for Friday delivery and grain must be picked up on that Friday or Saturday. I will NOT hold grain as I have in previous buys. Make sure you or a friend will be able to pick up -- please don't order if you can't meet this requirement.

4) PRICE BOOK: HERE. Figure ~$5 per bag for shipping. Post your order with the item codes (see list below for examples).

CURRENT ORDER (42/42 bags):
PAID -- mb2696 - 2xGW-PALE
PAID -- Cranny04 - 1xCM-2ROW,1XCM-SPIL,1xBD-MOPA,1xTF-GPRM
PAID -- blkandrust - 1xCM-PALE,2xTF-MOPA,1xBZ-MUNH
PAID -- sychosomat - 2xGW-2ROW
PAID -- cwheel - 2xGW-2ROW
PAID -- mschrock - 3xGW-PALE,1xTF-MOPA,1xBZ-PILS
PAID -- chutracheese - 1xBZ-PILS,1xBZ-MUNH,1xBD-MOPA,1xCM-WHET,2xCM-PALE
PAID -- Bill_in_VA - 1xGW-2ROW,1xGW-PALE,1xBZ-PILS,1xBZ-VIEN,1xBZ-MUNH,1xBZ-SMOK
PAID -- Jayhem - 3xGW-2ROW,1xGW-VIEN,1xCM-SPIL
PAID -- interplexr - 1xBZ-PILS,1xTF-GPRM
PAID -- bruen - 2xCM‐SPIL,2xCM‐2ROW

Awesome! My brother and I were just talking last night about wanting to do a base grain group buy soon and we are just 45 min north of you in Culpeper County! We will be ordering at least 3 bags! I will update this post once we make our choices! How fast did the pallet fill up last time? Hopefully it won't be filled by tomorrow so we can get in on this! Thanks.

3xGW-2ROW
1xGW-VIEN
1xCM-SPIL

mb2696 - do you mind adding my order to the list also? Just want to make sure it's included. I listed it right after sychosomat, and it happens to be the same order also. thanks!

What does everyone use to store their grain?

Best would be food grade containers with an actual moisture seal ring.

Lowes/Home Depo have 5 gallon food grade buckets with lids for $5

They hold just under 25 lbs each if you shake them as you fill.

food-grade-buckets-12.jpg

Hi-
Just wondering if there is still space on the pallet?
Thanks,
Greg

If there's still room I'd like:
2 x CM‐SPIL
2 x CM‐2ROW

Thanks!
Greg

Additionally,
2 x CM‐PALE

Thanks!
That takes my total to 6 bags if possible.

all payments are in! thanks guys, that was the fastest payment collection so far. we are on schedule for delivery next friday, dec 7. grain MUST be picked up on friday or saturday.

I'd like to get in on the next round. I assume there there be a different thread? Any sense of how long between buys? Thanks!

Also adding that I would be interested in the next buy now that I have a mill. Sorry I missed getting to this one. Thanks

I'll be interested when there's another bulk buy as well. I have 120 lbs of base malts on hand so I'm not in a huge hurry.

Looks like if we contacted each member who has bought before and/or expressed interest for the next buy filling 2 pallets would be no problem!

I'm running low on grain and it's been a few months, buying off the DC bulk grain buy instead. Post when you're ready to do another order, I brew 10 gallons/week until I hit my legal maximum. I might need grain by then again.

I'm also interested in the next one. I would be ordering at least 5 bags of grain.

Back