• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Cabelas Turkey Fryer sale $29.99!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet that would work great. I can't wait for someone to say this won't work because you need at least 3 million BTUs for a proper boil. Any idea how big the pot is? I can't find a spec on the site.

I bet that would work great. I can't wait for someone to say this won't work because you need at least 3 million BTUs for a proper boil. Any idea how big the pot is? I can't find a spec on the site.

From the customer service on the site:

Pot Capacity: 26 qt. (6.5g)
Pot Height: 16 1/8"
Pot Diameter: 12 1/4"

Only issue is the damn safety valve, it'll automatically shut itself after the timer runs down.

Looks kinda flimsy, and the battery operated safety valve is a turnoff for me. For 15 bucks more, why not just get a Bayou Classic and have it for a decade?

LOL. That took longer than I thought.

The shutoff is battery operated. Does that mean you can disable it by not putting batteries in it?

Crap, I just posted this in the equipment section..

I ordered this for myself. Will give feedback once used. I will probably weld that burner on a heavy duty rack and do away with the "safety" valve.

LOL. That took longer than I thought.

The shutoff is battery operated. Does that mean you can disable it by not putting batteries in it?

I've got one on my burner. if you don't put batteries it in it doesn't work at all, the batteries hold the valve open. what you have to do is either push the button every 15 minutes, or find a way to keep that valve open......duct tape worked great for me.

I also tried to take the switch out of the system. Looked easy enough as its just threaded on each side, but the problem is that they aren't the same size fittings in and out, and i can't find an adapter small enough....

that would work, but you'd still have to push the button all the time. I just held it down and taped it (you could use zip ties or anything to hold it) and then you don't have to mess with it anymore.

i have something close to it ... works well for me and the safety is nice.. also prevents you form burning down your house if you forget to turn the gas off or something explodes... i dont walk away from my batch during boiling so once i see the little light flashing i just push the button... timer is reset. do it every 15-20 min... no biggie haha

Back