What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's crazy is to hear people down here start griping when it's in the 60's. The freakin 60's, aka the perfect temperature range. "Oh, it's cold. When are we gonna get a warm up?" Death to every one of them. I work outside without a jacket in the 30's. I love it. I sorta don't fit in with the majority here with my opinion on weather.

55. 55F is the perfect temperature. I like late fall and early spring around here for that reason. That temp where you can wear anything you want. I too work outside in a t-shirt when it's in the 30s and 40s, when everyone else here is wearing scarfs and heavy coats (hell, they wear heavy coats in the 50's, wtf?)

This helps..

A little OT to help cover the $600 utility bills is nice also.

I am eternally happy that all utils are included in my meager rent. I keep the AC running constantly. Again if I had to pay for AC in that region I would blow my brains out. I need to move to Alaska or something. Or northern Europe. I can do that. Or the pacific northwest. I can do that too.

I think it's pretty dang good, myself! Not your typical American version of an Oktoberfest beer, either. I have an Ayinger I am saving for tomorrow night.

I might have to buy a case then. SN usually does it right, so I figured as much.

What's crazy is to hear people down here start griping when it's in the 60's. The freakin 60's, aka the perfect temperature range. "Oh, it's cold. When are we gonna get a warm up?" Death to every one of them. I work outside without a jacket in the 30's. I love it. I sorta don't fit in with the majority here with my opinion on weather.

North Dakota is for you.

55. 55F is the perfect temperature. I like late fall and early spring around here for that reason. That temp where you can wear anything you want. I too work outside in a t-shirt when it's in the 30s and 40s, when everyone else here is wearing scarfs and heavy coats (hell, they wear heavy coats in the 50's, wtf?)

55 is nice. Probably won't see that here until December. Maybe November. I see a lot of people here that dress according to season and not temp. It can be a hot sticky day in November and people are dressed in coats, gloves, and scarves because it's technically fall. December/January rolls around and they're dressed for 0 or below when it's in the 30's and 40's.

Moving on to one of these:

rLXeN88.jpg

55 is nice. Probably won't see that here until December. Maybe November. I see a lot of people here that dress according to season and not temp. It can be a hot sticky day in November and people are dressed in coats, gloves, and scarves because it's technically fall. December/January rolls around and they're dressed for 0 or below when it's in the 30's and 40's.

I'm one of them. Did college in Phoenix with 120F days. No issues. I've walked 2 rounds in summer before. Nebraska in winter..no thanks! Heat doesn't bother me...then there's SWMBO...

Bring on the super-sub-arctic, I say. My friend who worked for the Smithsonian before he was deported (or rather, not-so-kindly asked to leave after his work visa expired) back to the UK had applied for a job at one of the stations in Antarctica. I told him to take me with him.

I'm one of them. Did college in Phoenix with 120F days. No issues. I've walked 2 rounds in summer before. Nebraska in winter..no thanks! Heat doesn't bother me...then there's SWMBO...

You seem like a good guy, I'll let you slide.
I do very well in the heat. I just don't like it. I do much better in the cold and I enjoy it. I can always put on more layers. But, I can only take off so much before my customers start complaining and/or getting nauseous.

http://youtu.be/SjlSVOGu4II

Sampling some of my Cherry Citra ale that got an infection. Thanks to @Hello for bailing me out with 2 cases of bottles on short notice! The beer tastes good, looks good, smells good...but then I looked at the couple of bombers of blackberry variant that I bottled yesterday and there's crap in the bottom and maybe some stuff at the top. Of course there just may have been more trub, anyway. All I can do is cross my fingers.

IMG_20150826_224015060.jpg

View attachment 299147stuffed hatch peppers(black beans,rice,tomatoes,green onions,cilantro,cotija cheese, sour cream, and spices) fixin to go on the pit.

Is there a recipe for this or did you wing it? Sounds awesome.

Yesterday I saw a guy walking down the street wearing a hoodie, a beanie, shorts, and sandals. I wanted to run him smooth ass over.

I recommend avoiding Spring and fall in CO.

Best part of the airport....

I thought the best part was the devil horse?

Had a few beers at Cannonball Creek. Rehydrating.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1440648626.846178.jpg

Heh - finished the night (and me!) with this -

lYMlkpI.jpg

NC's version of a West Coast IPA. It's pretty good, starts out like a Pliny or some such beer, but finishes different. My first Wicked Weed brew,m too!

I'mma go to bed now...

:drunk:

Yesterday I saw a guy walking down the street wearing a hoodie, a beanie, shorts, and sandals. I wanted to run him smooth ass over.

Now, if socks were worn too it really would be a deathable offense. Unfortunately I knew a guy in college who would wear the same outfit when it is snowing.

I am good with practically any temp. My family thinks I am weird because I never really wear a winter coat, even when we are down in the teens here. All they will ever see me in is a sweatshirt or a light jacket. This time of year is my favorite. When its cool enough at night you can have the windows open at night and warm enough to wear short sleeves during the day and catch a little sunlight.

Cold coffee on frozen water. More attrition at work, Joy.

I'm in! Just heard my brother in-law has a small chest freezer to give away, but I don't think SWMO thinks there's any place acceptable to put it in out house. Might go to daughter in Garner...too far to transport wort.

Ah, well. Coke Zero Vanilla.
Hmm how large? If it's 5 cu. ft. it is exactly what you saw in my shed, if you noticed. I would absolutely try to take it. I have the truck, so if you need it loaded, I can do it. 5 cu. ft. chest freezers are real light. I loaded and unloaded mine alone. I also unloaded and took into the house the 7 cu ft. So maybe I'm just a weirdo. My chiropractor is making a killing off me, so there's that.
Are you putting Sriracha on tacos?

WTF?

That sir, is Cholula territory.
Negative. Cholula is for eggs if there is no chunky hot pepper sauce.
Sampling some of my Cherry Citra ale that got an infection. Thanks to @Hello for bailing me out with 2 cases of bottles on short notice! The beer tastes good, looks good, smells good...but then I looked at the couple of bombers of blackberry variant that I bottled yesterday and there's crap in the bottom and maybe some stuff at the top. Of course there just may have been more trub, anyway. All I can do is cross my fingers.
I hope they fair well. I am not well versed in bottling a newly infected beer. This is why you need to keg! haha

On topic: iced coffee.
Internet was slow as **** yesterday. Time Warner said there were no issues but then suddenly found one. They say my modem is getting only 10% of the signal. Today is a bit better but it's konked out on me twice in two hours. Instead of just letting me go get a new modem from around the corner at their shop, they're sending a tech. They said all new equipment must be installed by a tech. Can't wait for the person to see my office. It looks like I run a small country from here. I'm sure he'll agree I could have managed to unplug and plug in a new modem. Poor guy...he'll be wasting his time I think.

Hmm how large? If it's 5 cu. ft. it is exactly what you saw in my shed, if you noticed. I would absolutely try to take it. I have the truck, so if you need it loaded, I can do it. 5 cu. ft. chest freezers are real light. I loaded and unloaded mine alone. I also unloaded and took into the house the 7 cu ft. So maybe I'm just a weirdo. My chiropractor is making a killing off me, so there's that.

Negative. Cholula is for eggs if there is no chunky hot pepper sauce.

I hope they fair well. I am not well versed in bottling a newly infected beer. This is why you need to keg! haha

On topic: iced coffee.
Internet was slow as **** yesterday. Time Warner said there were no issues but then suddenly found one. They say my modem is getting only 10% of the signal. Today is a bit better but it's konked out on me twice in two hours. Instead of just letting me go get a new modem from around the corner at their shop, they're sending a tech. They said all new equipment must be installed by a tech. Can't wait for the person to see my office. It looks like I run a small country from here. I'm sure he'll agree I could have managed to unplug and plug in a new modem. Poor guy...he'll be wasting his time I think.

Watch out. They are going to suggest you upgrade your cabling saying that they cant guarantee 100% speed unless you do so. Then charge you for doing so.

Now, if socks were worn too it really would be a deathable offense. Unfortunately I knew a guy in college who would wear the same outfit when it is snowing.

I am good with practically any temp. My family thinks I am weird because I never really wear a winter coat, even when we are down in the teens here. All they will ever see me in is a sweatshirt or a light jacket. This time of year is my favorite. When its cool enough at night you can have the windows open at night and warm enough to wear short sleeves during the day and catch a little sunlight.

Cold coffee on frozen water. More attrition at work, Joy.

Did you go to college with @1977brewer? His hobbit feet look like could survive the trenches of France.

Water, before taking the dog for a stroll.

Back