Boiling water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

count_dookie

Reaction score
Before I placed my order for all my supplies to make my first batch of homebrew I decided that I would make sure I had something capable of boiling a large amount of water.

The first place I tried was the stove top, but decided against it seeing as I only have about 3 inches of clearance between the top of the pot (a 10 gal pot) and the hood.

Then I moved to the side burner on the grill, it had the clearance but not enough power to boil even 3 gals of water.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could use to boil my water on?

thanks I've been thinking about trying to find one, didnt think to check craigslist.

But right now I have some water on the stove, if its strong enough I may just remove the hood.

+1 for the turkey fryer. They are "cheap" and they can handle larger boils. Boiling that much water on a stove will probably take quite a bit of time. If you to have a boil-over you will be glad that you are outside and not in the kitchen!

the stove was not a success I really didnt think it would work I have a hard enough time making pasta on it, but I found a new turkey fryer in the paper for 35 now if only the people would pick up their phone.

Back