So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got a club group brew on Saturday, planning on brewing my spin on Denny's First Alt (listen to the latest Experimental Brewing) and about the 5th iteration of my take on Lil Sumpin that is now nothing like Lil Sumpin! This one's getting nothing but whirlpool hops and it'll be amazeballs because I make kick a$$ beer!

The wife's going out of town so I'm going to take advantage of the time. I'm going to be brewing the west coast blaster from Brewing Classic styles and a bourbon barrel porter.

We've got a club group brew on Saturday, planning on brewing my spin on Denny's First Alt (listen to the latest Experimental Brewing) and about the 5th iteration of my take on Lil Sumpin that is now nothing like Lil Sumpin! This one's getting nothing but whirlpool hops and it'll be amazeballs because I make kick a$$ beer!

I have made that clone twice but it's been at least two years. I will need to put it in my brewing queue, behind the Two Hearted ale and 90 Minute ipa clones.

Weissbier from the Bible. Her ladyship is hop and bitterness averse but loves sours and wheats, so weissbier it is! First all electric brew so looking forward to it !

Pat

Today I brewed a Dusseldorf Altbier and for the first time I did a decoction mash and then step mash with my electric e-herms. Not to bad time wise, only added maybe about two hours to the brew day vs. a regular mash brew day. I really enjoyed it and everything went smooth. It was like a "rite of passage" becoming one with the brew and how it was done in Germany the old way. At least I told myself that while I was stirring the mash like a banshee so I wouldn't scorch the wort!

Cheers :D

John

Today I brewed a Dusseldorf Altbier and for the first time I did a decoction mash and then step mash with my electric e-herms. Not to bad time wise, only added maybe about two hours to the brew day vs. a regular mash brew day.

Another two hours! That's dedication as far as I'm concerned - sounds like an all day affair.

On the other side of things, I'm planning on making a saison this weekend. I'll be doing a BIAB mash of 30 to 45ish minutes and then a 30 minute boil in an attempt to get a batch in without being rained on.

5 gallons of NB dead ringer IPA last night and 3 gallons of a tropical kettle sour going right now.
IMG_20180721_150840.jpeg
IMG_20180721_150852.jpeg

I'm prepping Saturday for brewing A Rogue Chocolate Stout clone from Brew Guru and July 2009 Zynergy. After drinking Founders Breakfast Stout and Surly Darkness, my thought is to brew something new. I'm getting kind of bored of ipa.

Going to do my 3rd attempt at Da Yooper's pale ale. Had some extra grain so the final grist is 11# rather than ten. Also going to bring the IBU's up to 70ish and an abv% of 5.7. It will end up a session IPA I think. Oh, I am using 6oz of hops total and they are Comet and 007 (an offshoot of Idaho 7 I was told), 4oz and 2oz respectively.

It's my only brew this month... How did that happen?? Lol

I'm not brewing this weekend. But I'm trying to decide whether my next brew (maybe next weekend) will be relatively low-alcohol blonde ale (4.5%-ish) or something very much like Bell's Two Hearted (7%). I was planning on a summer session beer, but I drank a Bell's 2H a couple of days ago and it sure was good...

Tomorrow I'll be brewing a beer that I call "Hard Brexit". It's got the grain and hop bill from an Altbier but uses a British Ale yeast. It's one of my favorite beers that I've made and a crowd pleaser.

IMG_2935.jpg

2nd pour of the summer Shandy I made a couple weeks ago! It’s delicious!

Next up - making my first Oktoberfest!

Just finishing up mash of a Belgian Wit. Of course I relied on memory of how much dried orange peel and coriander I had, of which I only actually have about half the orange peel I need. A quick run to the grocery store once the boil gets going I guess.

Got that great Cottage House Saison in the fermenter this morning.
I have my first saison bubbling away right now. I used my standby Munich Rye PA recipe with 3711 yeast. This is the first time in a while my fermentation patience will be tested. Can't wait to try this.

I just brewed a cream ale this last weekend . Can’t wait to bottle half and keg the other half. To bad I missed the deadline for the state fair :( oh well there is always next year!

I’m brewing a 6g AG batch of Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout for my nephews wedding in mid October. It’s an 11% ABV so I want to age it a bit.

I brewed an Irish Stout and a pale IPA a couple of weeks ago, so this weekend I'm going to split the difference and brew a Black IPA.

I wanted to this weekend but my supplies didn't show up

*VENT*
Placed an order with Hop Hero on 7/25 and no shipping info ever sent. Contacted them today and suddenly there is shipping info in my email
Placed and order with MoreBeer Sunday night and never received shipping info. Contacted them today and was told 1 item was out of stock in this warehouse but it would be shipped from the other. Now have shipping info
No explanations as to why it took so long to ship my orders
*/VENT*

Used them both before and had great dealings.

Planning to brew a Dark Czech Lager tomorrow. It’s based on Pivovar Kout na Šumavě Koutský Tmavý Speciál 14°.

Back