November 3: PHX late add

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is a late add, but....

Not Necessarily Teach a Friend to Home Brew Day as the guy I was going to teach might not be able to make it. :(

So it might just be:

Relative Strangers Meeting For the First time IRL and Hanging Out While I Brew, etc.
or Maybe you can bring over your brew stuff and brew as well IDK.

But in any case, I'll be brewing 2-3 batches all day. If some one wants to brew in my backyard, we'll see how we can accomodate that.

Here's what I know for sure:
I'll have 3 beers and Apfelwein on tap.
It'll be SWMBO free.
I'll be nice and sunny (89°F).

Send me a PM and we can fill in the blanks.

IN!

(in spirit :( )

Wish I could be there. I was almost able to be in your neck of the woods (slightly) this weekend anyway, but plans fell through. SWMBO is in Vegas for some training, so I was gonna fly out there, but it turns out I have to be in Asheville Sunday night now.

Anyway--sounds like a fun day! 2-3 batches? YIKES!

Well damn it....with the ASU game and me working tonight.....

I would have loved to have a little home brew instruction. Heck I still haven't made my first batch yet, just finishing getting all the stuff together...

I got a late start due to a hangover. Since I had no responses, it was no big deal. So far I managed to brew a pot of coffee.

I doughed in about 45 min ago.

Still will get 2 batches in today as well as some general keg cleaning, etc.

I'm about ready to sparge my second batch. Taught myself a few things today about being organized. Kinked my pump hose so my plate chiller wasn't very efficient for the first several gallons. It's in a water bath now to get the temps into the high 60's so I can pitch.

Yeah, sorry about posting this so late.
My wife had a last minute trip and so it semed like a good opportunity to brew.

I finished the second batch and cleaned up just as she got home.
Thanks for posting here, guys. For awhile it was just me and Neil (Young) brewing.

I'm up in Cave Creek, and really interested in learning to brew (in fact I'm going to start my first batch right after I get back from Spokane for Thanksgiving). I've studied just about as much as I can online, I don't think I'm going to get much further until I can see it in action (and I'd much rather see it in person than watch a DVD).

If you happen to do another one of these, let me know, I'd love to attend!

Back