Tri Clover Heater Element - Size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homebrewdude76 said:
I would have expected after 3 weeks at lest an acknowledge the order, or acknowledge my inquires?

Yeah, I always got a reply within 2 days.

I got my stilldragon element adapter last week. I think it took almost three weeks. I placed the order (paid) then got another invoice for shipping a few days later. Just got dimple tool parts from Amazon and got it soldered in. Leak testing tonight. Also using Camco 4500 Home Depot element.

Just wanted to throw this out there - I'm intrigued by the StillDragon setup, mostly because it looks like you could mount it on the valve collar of a sanke keg, with one of those half-flat silicone TC gaskets.

No welding or messing around of any kind required, if you don't mind the element sticking straight up from the bottom. I suppose you'd have to manage the water level in your HLT pretty carefully, but depending on your brewing process, it might not be that big an issue.

Merlmabase said:
Just wanted to throw this out there - I'm intrigued by the StillDragon setup, mostly because it looks like you could mount it on the valve collar of a sanke keg, with one of those half-flat silicone TC gaskets.

No welding or messing around of any kind required, if you don't mind the element sticking straight up from the bottom. I suppose you'd have to manage the water level in your HLT pretty carefully, but depending on your brewing process, it might not be that big an issue.

How would you get the water out of the tun? Seems like you still have to mess around with installing a valve and diptube. Right?

Back