Banjo burner not working with stock hose/regulator - works with swapped out hose/reg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keesh

Reaction score
Basically the title says it all. I went to fire up my Banjo burner at a friend's house when his burner wasn't working properly and when I opened all the valves and tried to light it, nothing.

Against my better judgment we swapped out the hose and regulator from each burner (his burner would flame up, it just was really rusty so it wouldn't burn very well) because they looked like the same type. Lo and behold, once we got it all connected, it worked perfectly.

Is this a problem with the hose? The regulator? Both? Any suggestions for an easy fix? Thanks.

Any chance the valve for the burner regulator was open when you opened the propane tank valve? If so, you might have activated the safety valve on the tank. Sometimes just opening the tank valve too fast will activate it.

It is possible, but we tried many combinations of turning it off and on after that. How do you reset the safety valve for a regulator?

Back