wine from juice concentrate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QsnotPs

Reaction score
Has anyone made wine from juice concentrate?
i.e. welches strawberry peach juice concentrate?

I plan on trying it, and using

potassium metabisulphate
potassium sulfite
isinglass
bensonite

any thoughts before I try it?

I'm, also, VERY curious about this. I have been thinking of doing some one gallon experiments. Any thoughts?

I am planning on doing a 3 gallon batch tomorrow unless i hear otherwise. i asked Joe at the Marion, IA HBS, he said he's not sure, but it will probably take a while to clear out, then a while for the alcohol to blend taste with the fruit. But he has not done it personally.

I'm also planning on using juice concentrates in some future meads... Keep me informed on how this goes.

I will, I'll keep an exact recipe as well.
Any suggestions on what juice to use?
I think peaches make great wine, but strawberries, cherries, etc. I'm unsure of.

the link you sent, moscoeb, it says sugar and acid, sounds like that is back to the beer brewing where you melt sugar into water with citric acid to break the sucrose? down to dextrose? and fructose? i'm not sure the exact breakdown, but that might be close.

Anyways think you could kill some time in melting the sugar with acid?

QsnotPs said:
the link you sent, moscoeb, it says sugar and acid, sounds like that is back to the beer brewing where you melt sugar into water with citric acid to break the sucrose? down to dextrose? and fructose? i'm not sure the exact breakdown, but that might be close.

Anyways think you could kill some time in melting the sugar with acid?

Huh?!
I'm a noob to all of this, I may be wrong, but I just threw it all in, shook the crap outta it, and pitched the yeast!! If there is a better way, please educate me. I'm still learning every batch!

Cool, I'll peruse through there and get some more ideas. I'm not expecting award winning wine, but it I hope it's decent tasting and it is easy to make.

brazedowl said:
haha my experience has been $20-$30 a batch (5 gallons) and very tasty and sneaky.

Ya, my 5$ was a 1gal batch. So that's about right. I may have to try a 5gal if I find one I like enough. This way I'm only out a little of it turns out bad.

brazedowl said:
It won't :) If you feel real adventurous you can use pie filling, save the fruit and make wine pie.

I saw that mentioned in the other thread. I will have to try that next.

I did a 3 gallon batch with welch's white grape rasberry.
I used 7 containers welch's white grape rasberry
2. 2 pounds sugar
3. 3 tsp bentonite
4. Water to top
5. Lalvin 71B-1122 yeast

After fermentation will be K+ phosphate, K+ metabisulfite, and isinglass

I'll keep y'all posted,
for now it's fermenting nicely

If you search in youtube how to make wine the redneck way theres a guy that makes wine from welchs with white grapes juice and he has another video which shows the result of his wine where he says that the white wine that he made didnt come out to good because of some preservatives that it had. Moreover he also made another wine with red grapes juice from welchs which he says that came out good cause it didnt had any kinds of preservatives as the white grapes juice.

Back