Let's Hear It From The Louisiana Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Booziana! Hey, discnjh, I used to live just North of Prairieville. Near Highland Rd. Haven't been down there in years, though.

looks like I'm going to have to represent Shreveport here. Now we've got one person from Monroe and one from Shreveport. Anyone else north of I-10?

Y'all got a nice little homebrew shop there

Yeah, the owner, Ron, is in one of the local homebrew clubs here (Mystic Krewe of Brew) that I keep meaning to join, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. But I agree, it is a nice little shop. It's where I buy all my grains now.

Welcome! Whereabouts in BR? You in any of the homebrew clubs around here? I'm way out off of Highland on the south side of the city.

while I'm not the one you asked, I'll go ahead and answer and say I actually just went to a Brasseurs a la Masion meeting for the first tine on wednesday.

while I'm not the one you asked, I'll go ahead and answer and say I actually just went to a Brasseurs a la Masion meeting for the first tine on wednesday.

No worries... how was it? I've been thinking about checking out a local club just haven't made the time to do so. Kinda flying solo but it'd be nice to know some folks in the area.

No worries... how was it? I've been thinking about checking out a local club just haven't made the time to do so. Kinda flying solo but it'd be nice to know some folks in the area.

It was cool. They're at the cove, second tuesday of every month. There was about 15 minutes of discussion about upcoming events, and then a pale ale tasting of 5 commercial pales. A few people brought homebrew to share, one of which was a whiskey something or another that was stellar.

I live in St. Amant
i belong to Redstick brewmasters in Baton Rouge, and have bben to several meetings with Brasseurs a la Masion club. Two good groups of brewers.
It's good to see a few ascension brewers are out there.

If you guys don't know, there is the Zapps beer festival this saturday in Baton rouge. A good chance to taste good home brews from both clubs, as well as lots of commercial stuff.

I live in St. Amant
i belong to Redstick brewmasters in Baton Rouge, and have bben to several meetings with Brasseurs a la Masion club. Two good groups of brewers.
It's good to see a few ascension brewers are out there.

If you guys don't know, there is the Zapps beer festival this saturday in Baton rouge. A good chance to taste good home brews from both clubs, as well as lots of commercial stuff.

Layne,
Not going to be able make the Zapp's fest like I had hoped :( but I can only imagine how that belgian quad is going to taste.. I wanted to consume the entire batch the day you brewed it.. Before you pitched the yeast! :cross:

LOL, I didn't know that was you. I should have figured from the name.
OH well, with some luck, I'll have some left. I'll let you know.

Ha.. yeah the name gave it away.
Well the weekend is not a total loss, it looks like I will be able to brew the Irish Red at some point this weekend. Grains came in yesterday.

There are butt loads of homebrewers here in the NOLA area. The Crescent City Homebrewers are pretty active and brew at least one big batch a month as a club. I think now that the weather is warming up the brew schedule may slow down a bit but plenty will be drank.

Checking in from Thibodaux! Just started brewing about a year ago, looking at going from partial to all grain brewing.:mug:

Back