• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Medical Oxygen Tanks (Empty, No Shipping)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DENBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have eight E size, aluminum medical oxygen tanks.
They are all empty but I still won't ship.

If you have a way to fill them, I am interested in trading several empty tanks for a full tank. Otherwise $10 each, pickup in Denver.

How would you fill these?

I have a full one so I haven't tried yet. Here are the options as I understand them:

1) Get a prescription and have it filled by a medical supplier
2) Get the valve swapped to a welding valve ($20+) and then it can be filled at a welding gas supplier (I would double check with the supplier before buying the tank. May be cheaper just to get a welding tank.)
3) Talk someone at a welding or medical gas supplier into filling it (pretty unlikely form what I've heard)
4) Talk firemen or paramedics into filling it
5) Try to find an aviation O2 supplier that will fill it (I think this may also take a different valve)

Overall, my understanding is that the gas is the same everywhere (medical, welding, aviation). The difference is the valve. Medical tanks require a prescription to be filled under normal circumstances.

2 for $15 anyone? My wife says i'll throw in a case of bottles too. Just need to free up a little space and hoping a brewer can use these.

I had the same tanks, I just brought them to techair. They let me exchange the medical tank for a welding tank. I just had to pay for the gas. You can also remove the valve and install a new $20 co2 cga 320 valve and then get it recertified as a co2 tank. It will hold 7 pounds

Back