Another Approach to Palmer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluegrassyBrewer

Reaction score
So taking the advice you all gave, I am now rereading How To Brew, and this time taking notes through the whole book. I think that by doing this, I will gain a better understanding of the process and insight into the biology behind it (though I have come across Brew Science books that don't even seem to be written in English hah). Now the hard part will be focusing on those classes that I'm taking here at school....damn....Thanks to all of you who helped me before. Hopefully next Monday I will get my first batch off the ground after a trip to the brew store.

Good luck. And trust me, everything makes a ton more sense after you have gone through the motions once. You will learn more by brewing your first batch than you can by reading alone. That being said, good for you for reading Palmer, not enough people do the research beforehand.

Good luck. And trust me, everything makes a ton more sense after you have gone through the motions once. You will learn more by brewing your first batch than you can by reading alone.

+1 for sure. I read the book before and after actually brewing. Things made much more sense after I got my hands dirty. Personally, I learn a lot more when I do things rather than read about them...

Its a lot of information to digest. Its understandable to not understand why all of that is necessary when most of the beginner info doesn't get into that amount of detail.

It's a great book that has a lot of detailed brewing information. At the same time most chapters are beginner friendly. Brew a few times and read bits at a time and it'll all make a lot more sense

Back