What To Do When it's 95+ Degrees outside?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fire up the Kettle Baby!!! Brewing a Dead Guy Ale Clone today. Hot Damn the Garage is Hotter then Hell!!!:fro:

I heard that. Was up at 5:30 this morning...already got a Flanders Red in the carboy (seems really strange that it will be June of 2009 before I'll be drinking it though), and I've got 25 mins left on the boil of an Old Ale. It's hot as horse balls here. Whew!

Brewed Friday night...today???

It's time to cool off...

TJ_Jumping.jpg

I feel your pain.......well actually I don't since that big air conditioner named the Pacific is keeping us in the low 60's.

I brewed Saturday in the heat and I've never sweated so much during a brew... Glad I've got all my stuff full and can wait for a nice day to brew now....

I brewed yesterday and it was 41C (~106F) with the humidity. I had to make sure to keep my lawn chair upwind of the burner or it was just miserable. I must have dropped a couple pounds while stirring my decoction.

Good excuse to keep the pint glass full though. :mug:

I don't feel sorry for any of you. It will be October before I get another cool brewday.

106 heat idex in Ontario!?! How many people died, ya'll up north just can't take the heat sometimes.

Yeah I dont want to hear anyone in the south or midwest bitching about the heat, YOU LIVE IN A HOT AREA. Us northerners, we are allowed to complain, it gets warm for 3 months then snows again, we are not used to it. Damn, It was 92 in my apt when I got home last night at 2 am. The A/C is cranked but my whole apt is windows and its still 76 in here. WTF!!!!

On a good note I just drank my very last bottle of my English Oaked IPA, it brought a tear to my eye, I wish I had more. A little over prime I think but still wonderful.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not caomplaining. SWMBO is from Chicago, and trust me, I can't tell you how much I miss 106 when we go visit her family for the holidays. I live in a hot are because that's how I like it... cold sucks balls.

No drinking until the Boil Starts. It is my B-Day today though. Hmmmm...:mug:

Well happy birthday to ya. Have a large one.:mug:

To answer the OP question.. I'd have to wake up because it would have to be a dream. I mean, sometimes it do get as high as 80f, but that's rare.
It made it up to 20c here last week and I had to put on the AC in my van.

Right now we have about 500 icebergs floating around the bays of this Island and that keeps the water pretty cold and the wind blowing off that keeps us cool if not downright cold at times.

come on out here to AZ. i'll show ya how to brew in the heat lol

Somehow I doubt that you actually LOL'ed at that statement. Maybe you LOI'ed. :D

Anyway, don't start with that "oh, I live Arizona, it's in the triple digits here!" noise. That don't mean sh*t when you factor in the 1,000,000% humidity that we have here. :p I haven't been able to see out any of my windows for 3 or 4 days now because they're all fogged over. Seriously.

Humidity? What's humidity? Oh, that's the stuff that keeps the snowbirds from combusting. We don't have that stuff here, that's howcome the snowbirds all left. :ban:

was 42° here this morning at 10 am and only got up to 57 for a high. The good news is that it doesn't get a hell of a lot colder than that in AUS in Winter. yeha, it gets down to around 30° a few times a year, but I still don't wear a jacket ;)

was 42° here this morning at 10 am and only got up to 57 for a high. The good news is that it doesn't get a hell of a lot colder than that in AUS in Winter. yeha, it gets down to around 30° a few times a year, but I still don't wear a jacket ;)

That's cause you are from Minnysoda, dont'cha know! :D

I'm about to call my internship and ask them if they REALLY need me to drive 2 hours round trip to probably be used and abused for no money at all.

If they say anything resembling no (or "you're a worthless, unpaid piece of chicken crap"), it's Kolsch brewing time!

The other day when i brewed i think it was 90ish. I was a sweaty nasty little creature. However i accomplished the mission. With a little help from my kegged light ale.

Anyway, don't start with that "oh, I live Arizona, it's in the triple digits here!" noise. That don't mean sh*t when you factor in the 1,000,000% humidity that we have here. :p I haven't been able to see out any of my windows for 3 or 4 days now because they're all fogged over. Seriously.

very true.
I grew up in southeastern Va before moving out here to the desert. Ill take the dry heat over the humidity and mosquitoes any day of the week

Its not too bad today. 96 with a nice breeze coming down off the mountains. Granted I dont live in the valley like the rest of you crazies, Im up here at 5600'

Back