What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Widmer Brothers Shaddock IPA

image-3699505830.jpg

Spent the morning labeling the latest batch of red ale and enjoying some deschutes Christmas ale for the thanksgiving grub with the fam

image-1804610995.jpg

Sigh. Nothing. I have to go to work. But come 3 in the morning, I'll be having a porter or 3 of my own creation.

If you can find Racer 5 by the same brewer you'd be wise to buy it. Or clone it, even better.

Before the Lucky Bastard it was a couple Dogfish Head Punkin Ales, a bomber of Southern Tier Pumking, a couple of homebrew Cascade Pale Ales, and one of of my Bourbon vanilla oatmeal stouts.

Jon73 said:
If you can find Racer 5 by the same brewer you'd be wise to buy it. Or clone it, even better.

I had Racer 5 a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good. Hop Rod Rye was much better to me. I thought it was pretty unique, enough so to go back and buy more.

Two Bro's: Heavier Handed. Finally obtainable. Didnt like the heavy handed much,but they have differnet hop/lots so I could like some of them.I had the centennial lot but I wasnt really getting typical centennial character. Tasted like I didnt have a fresh one anyway. Heaveir Handed was great, fits along the lines of (Much like) a hopslam,and somewhat of Hoptimum.As far as similar type of double ipa.
Happy Thanksgiving and Cheerz!

Jolly Pumpkin Noel De Calabaza
Hair of the Dog Blue Dot
Port Santa's little helper
Stone Levitation
Sierra Nevada Celebration

ForumRunner_20121122_184015.jpg

I had Racer 5 a couple of weeks ago, it was pretty good. Hop Rod Rye was much better to me. I thought it was pretty unique, enough so to go back and buy more.

Hop Rod Rye is excellent. I also highly recommend their Black Racer (IPA), if you can find it.

For dinner with family, brought over a 6er of Tidings (local brewer Port City's holiday seasonal) and had a few of those (was great last year and great this year), a bottle of Sam Adams White Christmas (meh), and Trader Joe's Vintage Ale 2012 (was quite good).

bottlebomber said:
Val, where you dwellin?

Me, I'm having KingBrian's ESB - a clear winner.

Long beach ca. I am fortunate to have one of these every other week. Stone drink by 12/12/12 is up next.

Blanche de Chambly.. it's canadian! I'm surprised it's from Canada because of the price tag. I don't know why witbier needs to be bottled in champagne bottles.

Anyway it's a lovely witbier and I'll hit it again.

Back