NanoBrews for Experimentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMSetzler

Reaction score
Does anyone around here make very small batches of beer for experimental purposes? I'm considering trying out some one gallon batches to do some flavor and hop experiments and I'm trying to find others who do the same for some general Q&A...

Yes many of us do, and there is about 1 new thread on the topic posted everyday...If you search for "small Batch brewing" & "2.5 gallon Batches" You will find a ton of info...I know, I've posted a lot of it. There's even some info in the Mr Beer sticky...I did a small batch all grain tutorial with pictures, and with my recipes in that thread.

This will expire shortly but this is what came from searching small batch brewing https://www.homebrewtalk.com/gtsear...FORID:11&q=small+batch+brewing&sa=Search#1102

If it expires just imput those words again, or 2.5 gallon batches

I use one gallon growlers with stoppers and airlocks to do my experiments. Most of those are with cider, but the idea is still the same.

They would be great for experimenting with dry hops or additives. You can brew a 5 gallon batch and divide it up into 6 or 7 one gallon bottles.

I like to make a 5 gallon batch and split it between three small carboys. Then I change the yeast in each one. You really learn alot about the yeast that way.

We also do the same thing for my girl beer (sorry, that's what the crowd named it). We take the wheat beer, split it up, and then put different flavors in each one.

Back