Brewing Low Alcohol Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to brew real low alcohol beer with a good taste but with a ABV of 1% or less. IE a beer softdrink that one could take with him to an event when one drives.
I use canned kits and do not want to go into recipe's etc. I know I can use less sugar and more water but ideas needed that will give a stronger flavour with the reduced alcohol.

You can brew a regular beer, then boil off the alcohol. I know there is a temp under 212 that you can hold at to evaporate the alcohol, but I'm not sure what it is. After evaporating the alcohol, the yeast will be dead, so add a bit of yeast with the priming sugar and bottle it. The beer will bottle condition normally, and leave you with a minimal alcohol content. A higher hopping rate, or use of a lot of dark grains will help on the storage stability since there will be no alcohol to help preserve it.

Latest posts

Back