HBT NFL '08 thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LenWhale is having one hell of a season. He and Johnson make a nice backfield combo.

The Titans finally impressed me last night. Even with the Colts at 3-4, they're still the Colts. TEN has some really tough games coming up so it will be interesting to see how they play.

Enjoy watching them destroy the Lions on Thanksgiving!

I think I may be going to MNF next week, should be interesting over the next 24 hours to see if we actually get tickets

Oh, and yes, I think I am going to brag...I am going to MNF tonight, woo hooo!

The Cowboys are screwed and I'm loving it because 1) I hate the Cowboys and 2) the Lions have their 1st round pick, which is looking more and more like it's going to be in the teens.

Phillips will probably get fired soon and Jones will hand the reigns over to Jason Garrett.

Jerry Jones is too hands on.....why have a head coach if you won't let him do his job

Well, you do what you want, but right now you gotta stand back, gimme some room, and watch me celebrate.

dance.gif

I knew the cowboys were gona come back in take game. The redskins were dominating the cowboy’s offense but they weren't putting any points on the board! So they let the cowboys linger around like the illness that they are!

I hate to tell ya-The deadskins DID NOT dominate anything except special teams. Romo was not sacked, the turnovers were a wash, and Barber ran the ball down their throat in the 4th quarter.

I hate to tell ya-The deadskins DID NOT dominate anything except special teams. Romo was not sacked, the turnovers were a wash, and Barber ran the ball down their throat in the 4th quarter.

Yeah the forth quarter but from what I watched in the 1st and 2nd quarter the cowboys couldn't do **** and the skins didn't bury them when they had the chance.

they should just cancel football on thanksgiving. the two games the masses were subjected to were horrid. the lions should not be on national television, nor should the seahawks. i seriously had to talk to members of my family the games were so bad. the only game with a shot of being decent you have to pay for via nfl network? wtf is that.

anyhoo, here's to browns fans rioting at the next two home games.

I always enjoy the Cowboys Thanksgiving games-usually they are pretty competitive. The Lions though, :drunk: I ended up turning to the freaking dog show at the end of the first quarter. I think the NFL came up with the third game just because of the Lions.

Did you guys here about Plaxico???

NFL Video Galleries

Freakin guy shoots himself in the leg... in a night club... in NYC... I'm getting tired of his bull**** and I don't think the Giants really need him. He is a nice to have but not really necessary.

Did you guys here about Plaxico???

NFL Video Galleries

Freakin guy shoots himself in the leg... in a night club... in NYC... I'm getting tired of his bull**** and I don't think the Giants really need him. He is a nice to have but not really necessary.

I was just getting ready to post this, but figured someone had to have beat me to it. :eek:

I have been telling everyone that would listen that Lindell sucks. 10-3 Final.
If we had a kicker that would make a 20 yard FG its 10-6.
If the coach had a brain and didnt go for it on 4th and 2 in a very close game and taken the 3 points its 10-9.
If you have a kicker that can make a clutch kick of 40 yards you have a W.
I really hope this was his last season in Buffalo.

Playoff prediction time!

Wildcard weekend:
ATL @ ARZ - ARZ
PHI @ MIN - PHI
IND @ SD - IND
BAL @ MIA - BAL

Divisional Weekend:
BAL @ TEN - TEN
IND @ PIT - IND
ARZ @ NYG - NYG
PHI @ CAR - CAR

Championship weekend:

CAR @ NYG - CAR
IND @ TEN - IND

Superbowl: IND

The Colts are playing better football than anyone in the league right now. A Superbowl matchup with Carolina's RB duo will make afor a great game against IND's fairly weak defense, but in the end Manning finds a way to win it.

This is a really tough playoffs to get a read on. There's about four teams that wouldn't surprise me in the least if they pulled it off; Indy, Pitt, the Giants, and Tennessee.

I'm really interested in seeing how the Falcons do, they could make things pretty interesting. Don't think they'll go all the way, but anything that will piss off Michael-Mike Vick is all good as far as I'm concerned.

Baltimore and Carolina are tough for me to get a read on; I don't see them as being quite as good as either of my four top teams, but they'll both be real tough outs. Even if Arizona somehow gets by Atlanta this weekend, I don't see them surviving against any of the more physical teams (basically, any of them).

I don't trust Philly at all, nor Miami (I love Pennington, but I don't see them making much noise).

I'm rooting for Atlanta in the NFC, and I'm thinking that Indy's got a real good shot at making it. I've gotten a lot of respect for Peyton Manning, especially with how he's kept that team together this year. They've been dealing with injuries almost as much as New England has (gotta figure all those long seasons are wearing on both teams), but they're fighting and they're peaking at the right time. Concerned they can't run the ball at all, though; whatever happened to Addai?

Wildcard weekend:
ATL @ ARZ - ATL
PHI @ MIN - PHI
IND @ SD - SD
BAL @ MIA - BAL

Divisional Weekend:
BAL @ TEN - TEN
SD @ PIT - PIT
ATL @ NYG - ATL
PHI @ CAR - PHI

Championship weekend:

PHI @ ATL - PHI
PIT @ TEN - PIT

Superbowl: PHI

Wildcard weekend:
ATL @ ARZ - ATL
PHI @ MIN - PHI
IND @ SD - IND
BAL @ MIA - BAL

Divisional Weekend:
BAL @ TEN - TEN
IND @ PIT - IND
ATL @ NYG - NYG
PHI @ CAR - CAR

Championship weekend:

CAR @ NYG - NYG
IND @ TEN - IND

Superbowl: IND

Wildcard weekend:
ATL @ ARZ - ATL
PHI @ MIN - MIN
IND @ SD - IND
BAL @ MIA - BAL

Divisional Weekend:
BAL @ TEN - TEN
IND @ PIT - IND
ATL @ NYG - NYG
MIN @ CAR - CAR

Championship weekend:
CAR @ NYG - NYG
IND @ TEN - TEN

Superbowl: TEN

Wildcard weekend:
ATL @ ARZ - ATL
PHI @ MIN - MIN
IND @ SD - IND
BAL @ MIA - BAL

Divisional Weekend:
BAL @ TEN - TEN
IND @ PIT - IND
ATL @ NYG - NYG
MIN @ CAR - CAR

Championship weekend:
CAR @ NYG - NYG
IND @ TEN - TEN

Superbowl: TEN

you have gained so much respect in my book now..

lol

GO TITANS!

Once again, the Eagles D came to play .. #28 a non-factor (OK 1 Touch !)

MVP would be Jackson I think..

I do feel sorry for the Minn center ... going to be a long off-season

Birds have a great track record in the Meadowlands ...

Very exciting game ..

Reid could lose a few pounds (Philly Cheesteak ?)

(I used to live outside Philly and went to ths games atFranklin Field !

I think there were a couple surprises in the first round (SD and AZ) however I was not at all surprised to see Baltimore handle the Fins.

I like the home teams this weekend, however Baltimore followed by Philly have good chances of upsets. I was surprised by SD and AZ winning but i still don't see them going far.

Craig

I think there were a couple surprises in the first round (SD and AZ) however I was not at all surprised to see Baltimore handle the Fins.

I like the home teams this weekend, however Baltimore followed by Philly have good chances of upsets. I was surprised by SD and AZ winning but i still don't see them going far.

Craig

SD usually falls apart after they win the division. I told my kids that if SD made it to the SuperBowl then I'd buy a new tv. :)

wel I went 3/4 last weekend and of course the one that I missed was my SB winner. DOH!

This weekend, I'm sticking with my previous picks (NYG, CAR, TEN) and going with SD over PIT.

Is it too early for me to start the HBT Mock Draft '09 thread?? :D :D

I went 3 for 4 last week....so I'm gonna go ahead and do a post for this week's games:

BAL @ TEN -- TEN (in a close one)
ARZ @ CAR -- CAR
PHI @ NYG -- PHI
SAN @ PIT -- PIT

Latest posts

Back