My favorite beer glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like EricK The Red, I, too, stole a glass about 20 years ago from a pub, a George Killian's Irish Red glass. Back then, that beer was up there in popularity around here. Basically, I like any glass that holds my cold homebrew.

My favorite is the Dogfish head signature glass. I dont have a picture of it currently, but they sell it on their website.

I have lots of stolen glasses too. The stolen glass I like best is a Franziskaner Weissbier glass that my swmbo stole for me cause she is awesome.

Anyone who just read through this and is itching to buy a ton of glassware should check their local goodwill.

I was on a glassware spree and picked up every shape glass I could find. Tulip, pilsner, weiss, various size snifters, pint glasses, goblets. I can't even remember what else.

At .99 cents a glass it is tough to beat. Maybe I got lucky but i even found identical pairs of everything so I don't have any oddballs.

I walked through my local goodwill recently and picked up 8 murphy's stout glasses and a new belgian tulip, along with a couple others, there were more.

This was given to me by the brewmaster at Rock Bottom, pretty cool logo for a beer they brewed up for Halloween
photo_6_2.JPG

Current go-to-glass is an Appleby's Brewtus glass (23 oz iirc). Asked the waitress if I could buy one when SWMBO and I were on our honeymoon. She said no, went in the back and came out with one wrapped up for us.

How do you get those? i want to make my own but im' finding it pretty much impossible to make something like that. That would last throughout multiple washes

How do you get those? i want to make my own but im' finding it pretty much impossible to make something like that. That would last throughout multiple washes

I used bargainmugs.com Send them a logo and they'll put it on a glass for you.

It's not my "go to" glass by any means, but it's definitely unique (and over-priced). It's supposed to be the best beer glass ever, but I find it a bit top-heavy and small. (that's what she said)
IMG_0481.jpg

I have the 20oz version of these and I really like em.

couple shots of my glasses:

sorry for the washed out background, but you get the gist.

pilsner and a few weizen glasses:
IMG_0313.jpg

others:
IMG_0314.jpg

i think the lenox crystal pilsner glasses are my fav... i could drink anything out of those.
That chalice like glass in the left front of the last pic is the kind I tried to describe in an earlier thread. I inherited a whole box of them from pop. Just still lost in the basement. Still searching. But they look just like that one.

One of my rare glassses, Kwel chouffe:

IMG_3287.jpg

dude, where did you find this????
Im always on the lookout for achouffe stuff, like the gnome statue and such. I searched around CT everywhere for the ommegang/achouffe collaboration beer. I need this glass!!!!!!

my favorite stein. my grandpa passed it on to me, so it's actually really old...

IMG_0017.jpg

An Erdinger aniversary glass I got in a 5 pack (#6 was the glass) of 0.5 L weiss beer. I tried to buy a glass like this (except not aniversary) from the waitress at a restaurant in Helen, GA while on vacation during Oktoberfest but was denied as they didn't have enough. It took me another year to find Erdinger around where I live near Atlanta and I was really excited to find the pack with the glass included! It may look topheavy but it's not - it feels perfectly balanced.

Erdinger_Hefeweizen.jpg

Glass from a Pint Night at a local pub. The Duvel "D" is etched in the bottom for better head retention.

The etched D is not for head retention, it creates bubbles to continually release aroma. Head retention has more to do with your recipe and how clean the glass is.

Glass from a Pint Night at a local pub. The Duvel "D" is etched in the bottom for better head retention.

I also like this glass, I have 1, and if you fill it with Duvel, The head stays right to the end! I love Duvel.

However, I think My belgian Tripel tastes soooo awesome outa this Glass!

But then again, All of my home brews do!!! heheheh

:mug:

I just got this at the Goodwill and I'm in love. I also had a Miller High Life (of all things) dimpled goblet, but unfortunately it took a fall off the counter.

DSC_1851.jpg

This is what I use. Got them free when you bought one of their beers at a local pub. The shape and etching make it the perfect glass.

image-2197903906.jpg

I just got this at the Goodwill and I'm in love. I also had a Miller High Life (of all things) dimpled goblet, but unfortunately it took a fall off the counter.

I also have a couple of those High Life goblets that my dad dug up in his bar and passed on to me. As long as you aren't actually drinking High Life out of them, they're pretty nice.

Upside down bottle inside glass- because it's similar in construction to a vacuum flask the beer stays chilled longer. Nice.

image-840961884.jpg

Upside down bottle inside glass- because it's similar in construction to a vacuum flask the beer stays chilled longer. Nice.

I got one of these for Christmas two years ago... Sadly, I broke it! I should find another one! Thanks for the reminder!

:mug:

Back