Bad & Condescending LHBS advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where is it at? I normally drive from Manhattan, KS to Omaha and pass right through there. We dont have one in KS nearby and the one in Omaha is a joke. When asking for montrachet yeast for EdWorts apfelwein i got a lecture on how that is not the right yeast and got a tour of all of his awards from making wine. I also bought a batch of grains, hops, and yeast but forgot to pick up the hops for dry hopping. When i went back the next day to pick them up he said that he does not sell hops without buying the whole grain bill and yeast at the same time. I refuse to go back there now. Northern it is from now on. It might take a day or 2 for shipping but thats not too bad.

I got my start in Tampa, FL with the Brew Shack. Awesome people! Unfortunately it had to close. I would go up there to hang out when i had time off from class. They were always helpful and we used to brew just out the back door and they let us use the GIANT walk in cooler for lagering.
From what I know of the Omaha homebrew stores, I'm guessing you went to the "other" one. (There's two, within walking distance of each other. I've only been to one of them). The owner of one, from what I understand, can be a little gruff, especially to new customers - which is why I haven't been there. I hate shopping places where you have to know the guy to get service. The other (Cornhusker Beverage) might not have as much selection, but the staff is super-friendly and helpful.

Yup it was the "other" one. I saw that there was 2 listed on google maps and thought that the cornhusker bev would be a wrong listing since it is listed as a beverage supplier as well. I will try cornhusker and kirks when i get back. Thanks

Back