• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New dual scale refractometer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
I used this for 2 brew days, it is very accurate. After 4 years with a hydrometer, I find myself re-checking every sample, so why keep it? It's calibrated (68F) and ready to use, it reads specific gravity (1.000-1.120) and brix (0-32%).

I paid $54 for it, $40 shipped inside the U.S.

2011-06-03_13-23-00_878.jpg

You don't like using to check pre-boil / post-boil gravities? I love my refractometer, but don't use it during or post fermentation. It's always off when compared to the hydrometer. And, I have tried using conversion tools to go from Brix to FG on a refractometer and it's never the same as the hydro.

You might have better luck if you listed this as a refractometer instead of a hydrometer. Who wants a dual-scale hydrometer anyways?

You might have better luck if you listed this as a refractometer instead of a hydrometer. Who wants a dual-scale hydrometer anyways?

Crap, i'll get a mod to fix that.

You don't like using to check pre-boil / post-boil gravities? I love my refractometer, but don't use it during or post fermentation. It's always off when compared to the hydrometer. And, I have tried using conversion tools to go from Brix to FG on a refractometer and it's never the same as the hydro.

That's the reason I bought it, for all preboil checks. I just can't not grab the hydrometer. It's an ocd thing.

_

Back