Lindemans Frambroise

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonToews

Reaction score
Discovered this beer at the "Great Canadian Beer Fest" this weekend in Victoria. Best lambic I've tried! Anyone else a fan?

3349272054_50269264b8.jpg

Anyone ever made something like this? if so whats the recipe!

Definitely a very approachable sour beer (due to it being backsweetened). It was definitely an entry level sour beer for myself. Personally, I've moved on to more acidic / funky sours, but still like the Lindemans Framboise over vanilla ice cream.

Here we go again. Beware that everyone is going to pile on and tell you that you are not supposed to like Lindeman's. They will say it is not a true lambic.

Lambics take at least 3 years to make and are very difficult to make correctly.

As far as Lindeman's goes I like the Cassis (black current) the best with the Framboise in a close second.

Forrest

I like the Lindeman's series! They may be backsweetened, but they are tasty. If you like the Lindeman's stuff you might see if you can find Melbourne Brother's Apricot Lambic. It was not overly sweet, but was very tasty. I am looking forward to trying the New Belgium La Follie, hard to find though.

Instead of making a mimosa w/ OJ & champagne, we mix Framboise with the champagne. What would you call that? A Frambosa? Very tasty stuff. I've turned many people on to making this a morning breakfast drink!

I have a batch of Northern Brewers Dawsons Kreik in the basement now. It is not really sweetened like the Lindemans but I will be adding some wine stabilizer.

Yeah, some people will poo-poo Lindeman's, but I think it's a great brew too...years back it allowed me to turn my girlfriend (now wife/SWMBO) on to the idea that beer wasn't just BMC...

I've had it once and I enjoyed it the same way I enjoy a good cocktail punch. It was bubbly and fruity and sweet, not what I think of when I think of beer. Nothing against it, I just think it's pushing the definition of beer. A fruity, back-sweetened malt beverage sounds like entering Ice territory.

What recipe did you follow?

I like this brew, but only one at a time. The wife loves the stuff.

There is one in Clone Brews. It probably isn't that authentic, but I liked how it turned out. I did some research prior to making it and didn't back-sweeten it and liked the results.

Latest posts

Back