WOHA!!! Did that just burn my nose hairs??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FxdGrMind

Reaction score
Ok Day 3 in the new Fermentation Chamber (Chest Freezer).

I've noticed that every time I open it I get a nice "Wafting" of fermentation and beer aroma!

Tonight as I couldn't tell if it was bubbling down there, I stuck my head into the Chest Freezer to get a better look. As my Nose went below the edge of the Freezer I just happened to breath in as I expected nice odors... To my SHOCK!!! It was like a dose of Mustard Gas as it felt like it was burning my nose hair!!

I momentarily thought the odor might have killed off the fermentation, but then thought better as the air valve would have procluded any of that getting back into the Brew bucket and there should have been plenty of O2 in suspension for the yeasties to consume.

So all is well but my nose hairs, thank goodness I didn't take a huge inhale!! That stuff is POTENT!:mug:

hah... reminds me of when we used to fill the sink with hot water, drop a bunch of dry ice in, and close the bathroom door. We'd crawl around under the CO2 cloud until we had to come up for air. I always loved that tingly "flavor" you got in your nose from breathing it...

I think a new person does this every day.

CO2 + H2O(in your nose/lungs/air) -> H2CO3 (carbonic acid)

pompeiisneaks, sweet avatar.

I think a new person does this every day.

CO2 + H2O(in your nose/lungs/air) -> H2CO3 (carbonic acid)

pompeiisneaks, sweet avatar.

Or even an old person!

The other day, I leaned into my freezer to move the temperature probe. As I strained to reach it, I shifted my weight and inadvertently took a deep breath. It was brutal! And I know better. :eek:

I did this the first batch I ever brewed. Opened up the lid on the plastic primary and was super exited to smell my first batch. And....Boom, near about knocked me over. Right of passage I suppose.

I always make my friends open up the lid and take big strong inhale through the nose. It's funny everytime.

Last week I was having some issues with my keg. I had both lines hooked up but only co2 was coming out of the beer line. I was perplexed. I had kept a container nearby to catch any beer that would come out after I fixed the problem. I ended up walking off with the container and coming back without it. I had tinkered with it some more and thought that I had it fixed. The psi was set to 30. Of course I didn't remember this. Being lazy I didn't want to go find the container so I just stuck the tap in my mouth. This is where I discovered that I had not fixed the problem. I then proceeded to blast co2 at a rate of 30 psi into my mouth and out of my nose. I thought my head was going to explode.

After I recovered and the laughter died down I discovered that I put the dip tube on the in post. Might have discovered a cure for nasal congestion at the same time.

I always make my friends open up the lid and take big strong inhale through the nose. It's funny everytime.

Last week I was having some issues with my keg. I had both lines hooked up but only co2 was coming out of the beer line. I was perplexed. I had kept a container nearby to catch any beer that would come out after I fixed the problem. I ended up walking off with the container and coming back without it. I had tinkered with it some more and thought that I had it fixed. The psi was set to 30. Of course I didn't remember this. Being lazy I didn't want to go find the container so I just stuck the tap in my mouth. This is where I discovered that I had not fixed the problem. I then proceeded to blast co2 at a rate of 30 psi into my mouth and out of my nose. I thought my head was going to explode.

After I recovered and the laughter died down I discovered that I put the dip tube on the in post. Might have discovered a cure for nasal congestion at the same time.

LMAO! :D

I've done the same... :(

Back