Wrecked Pallet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_Dog

Orange whip?
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It has happened I have completely wrecked my pallet with Homebrew and good micros. I would say refined rather than wreck but my son and BIL are already calling me a beer snob.

The problem is that I can't stand the way most commercial beers taste anymore. I would say that it is not a problem however there are certain places that you should take cans this time of year. Like the beach, pools, springs, or lakes.

At this point I might as well be buying Beast, if the beer is going to taste like a$$ they might as well be cheap.

I am going to try and find cans of Newcastle today (pool trip) and see how that goes.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!!! :mug:
Chris

BTW Guys... Happy Fathers Day!!!

Dales Pale Ale, Chub, Steam Works Lager, Guinness, Boddingtons, Murphey's are all fine canned brewed, suitable for pool side libations.

When you said "wrecked pallet" I thought I was gonna be reading about a pallet of grain involved in a car accident. :D

Either way, I found that I've come full circle and can really appreciate A.L.L. for what it is. I had one on tap at a wings joint the other day and it was nice. I say, go with PBR if you need cans. Hot poolside lounging requires a nice "lawnmower" beer and I don't know of many non-ALL's that are in cans. It's usually those and then guinness, et al. Maybe if you can hunt down Dale's Pale...but yikes, Old Chub is anything but a summertime refresher.

When in need, all you gotta do is call: GIMME ONE'DEM COLDBERS!

At this point I might as well be buying Beast, if the beer is going to taste like a$$ they might as well be cheap.

BTW Guys... Happy Fathers Day!!!

My sentiments exactly. I buy some of the suggestions made by EdWort but most of those on the list cost $3 a can where I am. If I have to take cans of crap, I'll take cans of cheap crap and take it for what it is. On the other hand, I prefer to fill up some soda PET bottles with HB to take along instead. One 2 litre bottle is equal to a regular six pack.

Happy Father's Day to you too!

Latest posts

Back