F*** Brewers Coop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CATFISHER74

Reaction score
Went there today to get some bottles it was a 2 hour ordeal to find the place!!
There web site has the wrong addressee it will get you in the neighborhood but not there.So i drive all around the neighborhood looking for it cant find it.
After hour and a half looking notice a two brothers truck half on the side of the building but no signs on the place.
Well i walk and have to go get someone to open the coop and i say you really need a sign on the place because the web site addressee is wrong so they say we like to be hiding OK funny HAHA
So they open the place ten minutes later and say i need some 22oz bottles sorry we only have 12 oz i say really you catalog says you have 22 and all other kinds got no response to that.
Never again this store is empty even thou there catalog shows a fully stocked store then not even a sorry about that these people could care less about there business!

I tried hitting two listed homebrew shops in Joplin, MO a few months ago. Both were located in someone's house and both were out of business.

I went to the Two Brother's Brewery when I was visiting family in Naperville and had no problem finding the place at all. I typed the address into my GPS and it took me right there. The huge grain silo should give it away.

I was a little disappointed in the Brewer's Coop though, they didn't seem to have much in stock. And since they have a grain silo instead of buying 50# sacks, there is no chance to get a discount on bulk grains.

I've been there and they were nice enough. I didn't have any issues finding the place, their website says they are connected to the Two Brother's Brewery. They had some stuff but not as nice as the homebrew shop in St. Charles. I was hoping for sweet deals on bulk grain but as mentioned they don't buy by the sack as far as I can tell. They do have bulk grain but not at a wonderful price.

They do have the wrong address on their website
The Brewer's Coop Homebrew Shop
but the right address is on the Two Brothers Brewing page
Home

Looks like they need some web help. I wrote them an email about their address issue. It would be nice if they had a sign, I found the place by address# and seeing the truck/silos.

Went there today to get some bottles it was a 2 hour ordeal to find the place!!
There web site has the wrong addressee it will get you in the neighborhood but not there.So i drive all around the neighborhood looking for it cant find it.
After hour and a half looking notice a two brothers truck half on the side of the building but no signs on the place.
Well i walk and have to go get someone to open the coop and i say you really need a sign on the place because the web site addressee is wrong so they say we like to be hiding OK funny HAHA
So they open the place ten minutes later and say i need some 22oz bottles sorry we only have 12 oz i say really you catalog says you have 22 and all other kinds got no response to that.
Never again this store is empty even thou there catalog shows a fully stocked store then not even a sorry about that these people could care less about there business!

Don't bother with the Coop. Unless it's something super easy, like an 1lb of DME or something standard, or it's really convenient (like you work next door or pass it on the way home everyday). Their stock is greatly diminished and, quite frankly, the Coop is more of an "after thought" for them. The focus of their business has dramatically changed from being a homebrew store with a little brewery, to being a brewery/bar with a restaurant with a homebrew store on the side.

I was a little disappointed in the Brewer's Coop though, they didn't seem to have much in stock. And since they have a grain silo instead of buying 50# sacks, there is no chance to get a discount on bulk grains.

Like I said above, don't expect too much in terms of stock. But, you can get 55lbs sacks of grain from there. I believe they're about $41-$43 per bag, and it's Rahr two-row. It's not a bad two-row and has good conversion properties. It's not overly sweet or malty malt, but will do fine for most brews.

I've been there and they were nice enough. I didn't have any issues finding the place, their website says they are connected to the Two Brother's Brewery. They had some stuff but not as nice as the homebrew shop in St. Charles. I was hoping for sweet deals on bulk grain but as mentioned they don't buy by the sack as far as I can tell. They do have bulk grain but not at a wonderful price.

The Homebrew Shop in St. Charles is nice and Ed that runs it is a really nice guy. If it's convenient, I would tend to go there. If you're looking for bulk grain deals, buy from mid-country malt ... best deal you'll find, especially for us in the Chicago area.

The Homebrew Shop in St. Charles is nice and Ed that runs it is a really nice guy. If it's convenient, I would tend to go there. If you're looking for bulk grain deals, buy from mid-country malt ... best deal you'll find, especially for us in the Chicago area.

I actually buy from Brew and Grow and it is an OK price (I think $38 for a 55lb bag of canadian 2-row plus taxes last time I was there). Anyway I think Mid-country malt is in the south suburbs right? That would be a bit of a drive for me, but I will be driving through that area on the 25th. Do you call them to set up a pickup order and get pricing?

I actually buy from Brew and Grow and it is an OK price (I think $38 for a 55lb bag of canadian 2-row plus taxes last time I was there). Anyway I think Mid-country malt is in the south suburbs right? That would be a bit of a drive for me, but I will be driving through that area on the 25th. Do you call them to set up a pickup order and get pricing?

Yeah, they're in a small warehouse district in South Holland, just off 80. You need to call the day before to pay for the purchase. You actually call the NY office. The good thing is, you don't pay Illinois sales tax or any county tax.

Back