Name Generator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will from here on out be known as the man who brewed: Pablo Picasso's Subatomic Red Porpoise Tripel, now to find a recipe.

How bout this one lol.

The Sharks With Frickin Laser Beams Tied To Their Heads Formerly Known As Dubbya's Drunk Dopplebock

better yet

The Chicken Formerly Known As Beazelbub's Cunning India Pale Ale

Mikhail Baryshnikov's Non-Euclidean Yellow Tribles Tripel shall be the name of my chimay clone.

Paul Newman's Drunk Beige Beaver Extra Special Bitter is going to be brewed this week as well.

Crackalicious Kwanzaa Beige Stout

Hmm... Maybe, just maybe we're onto something here. Can't decide what to brew? Generate a name and invent a recipe, baby! Iron Brewer Challenge!

This could make for a cool swap. Everyone just click the link and what ever the first name that pops up is (Just be honest and make it fun unless it's a barley wine or something else needing aged for a long time, then you can generate again) Design a recipe to reflect the name. Then swap. Maybe stay away from Lagers as well so everyone could participate.

Or to keep it honest, have a moderator generate however many names are needed for as many people register by a certain date, then pass out the names to all participants on a random basis. I'd even be willing to head this thing if any one is interested. I'm able to browse HBT basically all day at work and have lots of free time to organize this. But I understand if a moderator wants to handle it since I've not participated in a swap yet. Unless noone is interested then, I just rambeled. oh well, 15 minutes less to go in my "work" day.

Black Stumbling Swill Dopplebock
Napolean's Flatulent Extra Special Bitter
Elvis and Count Chocula's Grunting Dopplebock

can't.......stop........clicking..........

Where's my Centipede? India Pale Ale
Weasels-Mojo Bière de Garde (so making this one!)

Where's my Pufferfish? Bavarian Dunkelweizen
Flatulent Breath Bière de Garde

Joyous Farty Koelsch

and, would you believe, "Old Tun Pale Ale"? Sounds actually sort of ... er ... normal. :DThis one's on the "up next" list.

This could make for a cool swap. Everyone just click the link and what ever the first name that pops up is (Just be honest and make it fun unless it's a barley wine or something else needing aged for a long time, then you can generate again) Design a recipe to reflect the name. Then swap. Maybe stay away from Lagers as well so everyone could participate.

Or to keep it honest, have a moderator generate however many names are needed for as many people register by a certain date, then pass out the names to all participants on a random basis. I'd even be willing to head this thing if any one is interested. I'm able to browse HBT basically all day at work and have lots of free time to organize this. But I understand if a moderator wants to handle it since I've not participated in a swap yet. Unless noone is interested then, I just rambeled. oh well, 15 minutes less to go in my "work" day.

I think that'd be cool, but the list of names would definitely need to be vetted and randomly assigned. Or we could do it as a group brew/swap, where all we get is the name (just one name for everyone) and everyone comes up with their own recipe. The name would have to be pretty descriptive, though.

The Pufferfish Formerly Known As Obi Wan Kenobe's Non-Euclidean Bavarian Dunkelweizen

Now in ALL ORGANIC! :D

General Tsao and Pablo Picasso's Portentious Brown Ale

That one I'd actually use

Jellyfish-carboy Hefeweizen

Now, is that a carboy made out of a huge jellyfish or a carboy with a bunch of jellyfish floating in it during primary? or secondary? Do I add one to each bottle? Do you shoot the jellyfish like a mezcal worm?

I bet Revvy would know....

I think that'd be cool, but the list of names would definitely need to be vetted and randomly assigned. Or we could do it as a group brew/swap, where all we get is the name (just one name for everyone) and everyone comes up with their own recipe. The name would have to be pretty descriptive, though.

Thats why I said have one moderator generate a bunch of names then just pass them out. You get what you get kind of thing.

Some of my favorites:

Bionic Russian Imperial Stout
Flaming Mikhail Baryshnikov Gueuze
Fat Bastille Day Ruby Dubble
Beazelbub's Bitchin' Old Ale

Apparently, I scored on a holiday theme...

Craptacular National Hispanic Heritage Month Ruby Hefeweizen
Brown Simchat Torah Altbier
Golden Nurses Day Dubble
Cranky April Fools' Day Golden Wee Heavy

Back