First batch was a success

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rezilynt

Reaction score
This weekend, I finally opened a bottle of my first batch (Coopers Stout Kit). Tastes great! The waiting sure was hard and I'm planning on letting the bottles sit for another 3 weeks before drinking the rest (Yea riiiight) :)
Thanks to everyone for all the advice!:mug:
I think I'm hooked, and my swmbo is a little scared. I went out ond bought a second primary last weekend before leaving on a biz trip. I then proceeded to start EdWort's Apfelwein on one and a Summer Pale Ale in another! On wed of last week, I called my swmbo and asked her to remove the blowoff tube from the ale, sterilize an airlock and put that on. She actually did it!:D

Congrats! It's always nice to start off with a good batch. Before long, you'll be buying equipment to prepare for all grain!

Thanks! The Summer Ale was a PM. I figure a couple more of those and I will be confident that I can actually read and follow directions - then onto AG:)

congrats. move on to AG after a few PM's. I PM'ed from the start and it took me 5 years to try an all grain. It is just as easy as a PM only a little larger of a grain bill.

Back