Reading/Lancaster/Allentown bulk HOP buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To anyone coming tonight to get their hops: please let me know a rough time you'll be around to get them or just call/text me (484-256-8242). My wife will be sleeping for work tonight so i want to try and not have the doorbell going off. Thanks!
Tom

Hey Tom what is your availability for pick-ups this weekend? Either Friday night or Saturday? If not then let me know for next week.

Koed- tomorrow night I have to run to a buddies house for a bit, but will be back after that. Saturday I have a wedding, but if you can be there in the morning we would probably be good.
Tom

Koed- Anytime after 6:30 should be good tonight. Also, the wedding isnt until 3, so up to about 1:30 should work tomorrow. Let me know when you want to get them.
Tom

I was just checking out B Crosby for the 2011 stock: New crop pellets will begin shipping in Nov. / Dec. - all pellets currently crop 2010. It has been a while since we did a group hop buy for hops... We might want to put something together when they first release so we can get some of the hard to acquire varieties.

Looking at Hops Direct, they already sold out of Amarillo, Centennial, & Northern Brewer until fall of 2012.

Tom, have you ever thought about doing a combination hop/grain buy, or would that be a giant pain in the ass?

I was on b. Crosby the other day and saw they were looking at shipping the new varieties. Plan to email Blake and see if we can get a bit of a heads up when they are available. I am.planning to do a hop buy and a grain buy at almost the same time. Just a warning though, the hop buy is going to be quick so don't drag your feet. If anything good is listed, it will probably be gone within two weeks so we will need to act before that happens.
Tom

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

Quick is good. Last time they sold out of my favorite hops while orders were still being taken.

Can I do the same thing as last time: order hops, order grain, pick it all up together?

Back