I need a new sink - any recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
So as the title suggests, it's time for a new sink. Our utility sink at home is leaky as all hell (from multiple spots) and is probably wasting us more money than it would cost to buy a new one. So, it's time! I realize this seems pretty random, but I figured why not ask the group. So, group, has anyone purchased a utility sink with their homebrew in mind? Are their any suggestions for me? Currently one side is used for cleaning and sanitizing homebrew gear, and the other for the out hose on our washer. We'd like to keep it that way, but it'd be nice to get something I can comfortably fit my big pots in.
Thanks in advance.

If you don't have to do something IMMEDIATELY, keep your eye on Craigslist. I see stainless steel sinks for sale from failed restaurants occassionally (they've always been too far away for me to go pick up, one disadvantage of living in the boonies). I'd love to pick up a nice double- or triple sink to replace the cheap plastic one I bought from Depot. I'd check CL before doing anything else.

How 'bout this for $550? ;)

1fa1451g93k13p43o38bm3c75ff9f1cd21b5c.jpg

Although not specifically for brewing, I have this one in my garage (where I brew) and it's great. I can fit a 15 gallon pot into it, I fill it with ice and water in the summer, and re-circulate chiller water. It works well for all things brewery related, and it's cheap. Plus I bought a cheap faucet to match, and it has a threaded end on it so you can attach a hose with no adapters.

American Shower & Bath at Lowe's: Heavy Duty Utility Tub

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=18308-37749-WU2-100C&lpage=none

I purchased mine from these guys: galasource.com

I got this one for $325 at the time (about a year ago): Turbo Air 2 Compartment Stainless Steel Sink with 2 Drainboards-TSA-2-D1

Here is a link to my sink

My kitchen sink (stainless) came from a scrap yard... with faucet...

Think I paid $15...

May or may not be a good solution for ya (depending on your economic and time constraints). I often have more time than money, and I dig the "thrill of the hunt"

I purchased mine from these guys: galasource.com

I got this one for $325 at the time (about a year ago): Turbo Air 2 Compartment Stainless Steel Sink with 2 Drainboards-TSA-2-D1

Here is a link to my sink

Now that looks purdy! I've been working lots of OT plus Holiday time, so I'm down with spending a little green come the new year.

Back