whoo hoo just got a refractometer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike2008

Reaction score
This thing is neet. Just a drop rather than filling a tube. Just coming back to homebrew after a 10 years since my last batch. Things have changed (for the good as I see it).

nice! the thing i like most about a refrac is the ability to take a reading at any point during the sparge or boil. no waiting

Mike2008 said:
This thing is neet. Just a drop rather than filling a tube. Just coming back to homebrew after a 10 years since my last batch. Things have changed (for the good as I see it).

+1 on all the changes. I too am comming back after a long time away and there is a lot I need to catch up on. Should be fun though.

Tom

I thought about getting one then found out it's no good if you like to sample and critique your brew throughout the process.

Plus it can only read unfermented wort. Then I read it can read post-fermented, but there are some calculations that need to be made.

Still, why pay 50 bucks and not sample your brew? It's not for me. ;)

promash and refrac together complete package throughout your brew sequence - pre and post ferment. works

homebrewer_99 said:
I thought about getting one then found out it's no good if you like to sample and critique your brew throughout the process.

Plus it can only read unfermented wort. Then I read it can read post-fermented, but there are some calculations that need to be made.

Still, why pay 50 bucks and not sample your brew? It's not for me. ;)

Waiting to see what it tastes like is kind of like waiting till the baby is born to see what gender it is.

It's another tool to use and it saves wort. That's good enough reason to have one. This is also good to have when you have broken your hydrometer and do not have a spare.

Latest posts

Back