a busy weekend for my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got around to bottling my last two batches. Spent all afternoon Friday cleaning bottles with my 3 year old son (he LOVED helping), and then got both my Pandora's Box(*) and Gruagach 80/- put into bottles that night.

Saturday, my son got to chip in again and help me make a starter for my 1056 yeast.

Then, last night I got my Blueberry Wheat started. It's in the brew fridge in the garage now, and I expect to see it bubbling away when I get home today.

Two batches bottles, one starter made, one batch brewed. Not a bad weekend.

-walker

(*) = if anyone is following the horror story of my Pandora's Box brew (many MANY issues with the brew) the saga continued over the weekend. One bottle broke when I capped it.

Feels good, doesn't it? Given my weekend I was lucky to squeeze a brewday in, but I did. I also needed to bottle my APA, but that will probably happen tomorrow. I did manage to find the time to give my bottled ESB a sharp twist.

It feels like a weight off my shoulders actually. My fat tire had been in the secondary for (I think) 4 weeks. I want to give mixed 6 packs of homebrew to my brewing buddies in Cincinnati for Xmas, and I am pushing things a bit to get everything done. The blueberry wheat I brewed last night makes bottle #5 of these six packs, so I still have to brew one more batch after the wheat vacates the primary and leave myself enough time to get it bottled before Xmas.

The six packs contain one 22oz bottle of each of the following:
- Kaduva IPA
- Kaffe Stout
- Pandora's Box
- Gruagach 80/-
- Blueberry Wheat (no spiffy name yet)

I'm still trying to decide what to do for bottle #6. Whatever I make, that one won't be ready to drink by Xmas (nor will the wheat beer) but they will be ready for presenting as gifts.

-walker

PS: I keep my bottled beer in my otherwise un-used fireplace, and that cove is filled to the tippy top with bottles right now. I don't even know where I'll store the wheat and the subsequent batch for conditioning!

drengel said:
wish i was one of your friends getting that six pack.

"Walker's Friends" membership fees are only $100 a year. I accept cash, check, money order, or hops and extract as payment options.

-walker

Latest posts

Back