I'm a 21st century digital boy...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonofgrok

n00basaurus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have fought it since the beginning of time. I refused to get a "smart" phone. A plain old phone phone has always been good enough for me.

Anyway, with going back to school, I got tired of always having to whip out my laptop on campus to check grades and emails and stuff and I got a little jealous of these young kids who just whip out there phones and do it all.

So I let my brother talk me into getting this Samsung Galaxy s3 thing.. and I have to say... its absolutely amazing. I know I am a sellout know... but it really is a pretty rad little machine.

I just got my Galaxy S3 yesterday as an upgrade from an LG Thrill. The S3 is much more awesomer than the Thrill. I'm still exploring its capabilities, but this is just such an awesome phone. I've been trying to get SWMBO to move up to a smart phone, but as of yet she still won't move away from her flip phone.

I am ordering an S3 in the next day or so...I honestly can't wait for it. I really dislike the HTC incredible (the original one), which is what I am posting this from.

I got my smart phone in 10' to help in the home buying process. I literally bought a home with my phone - I shopped the market, found both my agent the loan officer (may she rot), signed escrow papers using a funny little program where you select from hundreds of signatures to find the one that most resembles your own. Did everything from that Droid2 but go to title. Without a smart phone I wouldn't really even be a presence on this forum, because I don't have a desk job and rarely use the computer at home. Now I just use the phone for everything. Can't remember the last time I used even the laptop.

Hmmm I have the Iphone 4S, not just because I love it but because the company I work for gave it to me.

I sure do love the HBT app!

I tell all my friends who haven't got smart phones yet, to hold out as long as they can. The damn thing will ruin you. How did I function with out these damn things? I'm old enough to have been an adult when there was no real cell phones....let alone these things. It's like crack or something. I can never go back to a flip phone, even though it would save me a ton of cash. I'm an addict.:tank:

My compromise is to get a smart phone but no data plan. Save $$$ and not be one of those that checks their phone multiple times while dining out, works on WiFi at home and work.

However you just spend time staring at others checking their phone sometimes...

My compromise is to get a smart phone but no data plan. Save $$$ and not be one of those that checks their phone multiple times while dining out, works on WiFi at home and work.

However you just spend time staring at others checking their phone sometimes...

I tried that route but to activate the phone to act like just a phone the required the data plan.

I use a Milestone X2. Not great by today's standards, but still working fine. My wife got the older Milestone and is wanting an iPhone like my daughters.

When the wife got hers it didn't take long before she was on FB constantly. One time we went to dinner and before the appetizers came out she was on her phone. I was all like, "REALLY?"

I thought going out to dinner was for getting away from the house and having some quality time. See, my phone JUST beeped to tell me that I have an email or event notification. But I'm not in a hurry to look at it. Oh ok, it might be important...

We recently upgraded to a smartphone.

Smart compared to the basic flip-phone we had before.

This one has a keyboard! Opted for that to make texting easier for my with her family overseas.

2 days after we got the phones, our pre-paid service stopped supporting international texting. :mad:

I'm one of the few from my generation that refuses to get a cell phone. If I'm not home, leave a message and I'll call you back. I used to have to carry one for work and that thing drove me nuts 24/7. I just don't buy into the whole instant gratification thing.

I'm one of the few from my generation that refuses to get a cell phone. If I'm not home, leave a message and I'll call you back. I used to have to carry one for work and that thing drove me nuts 24/7. I just don't buy into the whole instant gratification thing.

Nor do I. We got ours when my wife was about 2 months away from delivering our first child. I think I have given my number to 3 or 4 people.

It is nice to have available internet for the occasion when you need to look up a number or an address.

I just don't get the whole resistance to cell phones. Yes, they can be annoying at times, but when the **** hits the fan and you don't have one, you'll be wishing you did. As long you keep your contacts down to a select few it shouldn't be that annoying. You can really cut down on the annoying factor by not having your e-mail tied to your phone and eliminating your social networking from your phone.

Latest posts

Back