what to do with excessive bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got all my bottles off of a customer that HAD brewed a few years ago and got out of it due to ....... 'farts'. (might be a long story).

He actually hooked me up with 2 (pretty much) complete brew setups AND a crap-load of bottles for free. I take him a couple of brews when I;m in the area and that's the deal.

As far as the OPs hook-up on the bottles, I'd do as others have said and cherry-pick quite a few and get rid of the twisties and visit every once in a while if nothing more then to hook others that homebrew up. CL an add for free or cheap cheap bottles and help your brethren out. GL

I used lime-a-way which is another version of CLR or any product that removes calcium, lime, and rust. About 30 seconds soak and any painted label like heineken will wipe off. It's still kind of a PITA and because you need 100% concentration of CLR and those things don't exactly come in large volumes I'm not sure it's worth it.

Back