Beatification B#3 Dregs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drez77

Reaction score
I am trying to propagate up the dregs from a bottle of batch 3 Beatification. Started off small and so far this is what it looks like.

183864_10150431648179657_777139656_10306074_6095763_n.jpg

I guess it remains to be seen what is actually alive in there but considering that beer was released 2 years ago I'd be surprised if most of the bugs survived. Hopefully you get something good, that beer is great.

I guess it remains to be seen what is actually alive in there but considering that beer was released 2 years ago I'd be surprised if most of the bugs survived. Hopefully you get something good, that beer is great.

Hey truste! I am hoping to atleast get some of the beautification character in the beer. The creator I know the bugs are a few years old but just have to give it a shot.

Hey truste! I am hoping to atleast get some of the beautification character in the beer. The creator I know the bugs are a few years old but just have to give it a shot.

Call it Beautification again and you're cut off. But seriously, if it doesnt turn out like you hoped try again when the new batch is out, which should be this year yet.

Call it Beautification again and you're cut off.

Looks like a thing of beauty to me. Those Sours sit for years in the barrel and bottle, and the bugs just keep on feeding slowly. I think you have some of the original bugs in there.

Obviously the older the bottle is, the more likely you will not have the full compliment. Maybe cultivate it with some fresh Jolly Pumpkin dregs and see what it produces.

Call it Beautification again and you're cut off. But seriously, if it doesnt turn out like you hoped try again when the new batch is out, which should be this year yet.

That is what I get for posting on my phone. I am looking forward to a new batch.

Looks like a thing of beauty to me. Those Sours sit for years in the barrel and bottle, and the bugs just keep on feeding slowly. I think you have some of the original bugs in there.

I think different bugs live differing amounts of time. Even brett wont last forever. When you consider that Beatification is already pushing 2 years old when it's bottled and that batch 3 was the same initial batch as batch 2 (sat in barrels longer, which also means more of the sugars are fermented prior to bottling) and that it was released 2 years ago, anything in that bottle is at least 4 years old. And it's not like Beatification is a gueuze where it's blended with something that still has fermentables in it.

If nothing else this will be an interesting experiment to see exactly what can survive that long.

Back