Bell's Hopslam

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyK

Reaction score
I live in Colorado and we can't get Bells out here. I have a buddy who REALLY wants to try this beer (I've had it before at festivals) and I'm wondering if any of the forum members who have access to this beer may be able to ship me a couple of bombers. Obviously I'll pay for the cost of the beer and shipping, or I would be happy to engage in a swap for something available in Colorado but not available your way. Anyone out there able to help me out?

I live in Colorado and we can't get Bells out here. I have a buddy who REALLY wants to try this beer (I've had it before at festivals) and I'm wondering if any of the forum members who have access to this beer may be able to ship me a couple of bombers. Obviously I'll pay for the cost of the beer and shipping, or I would be happy to engage in a swap for something available in Colorado but not available your way. Anyone out there able to help me out?

http://www.bevmo.com/Shop/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=32795

Not available yet.... Atleast through who I got/get it from

24 oz bottle, which is what I believe Hopslam is packaged in. Per Bell's website it's available now so I suspect that many of the liquor stores in Bell's distribution area have it available.

I'll look for it at Total Wine this weekend. I'll check back here to see if anyone hooked you up or not.

I just got back from the store. Went in looking for DFH 90 (of course they were out - cant find it anywhere around here) and the guy was pushing Hopslam on me cause they just got it in and "if you love 90; you'll love hopslam." I wish I would have seen this earlier cause I only bought 1 of the 2 6 pack per customer limit. I was kind of surprised that he was "pushing" such a coveted brew.

This stuff is that good that people want it shipped? I guess I'll find out after dinner.

A bomber is a 22oz bottle, not 24, though I thought Hopslam was only available in 6-pack. It is definitely out in areas in which it's distributed.

KellyK, Where do you live in Colorado?

You can try trading on Beer Advocate. People are all over it right now.

It's available in 12oz 6pk and the mini keg format this year. I work for a package shop in GA and our distributor doesn't have it yet. It is available already in some areas.

Yes, I was wrong on the 22 oz bottle format, I see it's in 12 ozs after further exploration. My math skills were wrong on both accounts. :)

@jm I live in Parker too actually.

Anyone who has access to it and is interested in doing a swap, PM me and we'll work something out. Thanks everyone who responded. Most appreciated.

Can you get DFH 90 min where you are? For some reason every store around here is dry - I was in FL over the holidays and it was everywhere...

Can you get DFH 90 min where you are? For some reason every store around here is dry - I was in FL over the holidays and it was everywhere...

I usually see DFH 90 min here in FL each time I go to the store. They had it on tap last week at the Irish pub around the corner.

I know i can get Bell's here, but I have not seen hopslam yet! I will look tomorrow though! I would be willing to do a beer swap for sure, trying a new beer is more than worth the effort! Their Oberon ale is delicious also.

Just tried it. Very good, first sip was a little hot. Still sipping and letting it warm up a little; not getting any of the nuance others rave about. I think it needs a few more weeks.

I'm in MI I can normally find single 12 oz bottles at the liquor store I go to. If I remember right they are about $3.99 each. I'll be out of town until Monday or Tuesday send me a message if you haven't found someone to help you out yet.

Is this out yet?!?! I thought it was a couple weeks yet

I wouls swap, but I don't think shipping booze is allowed, though if I'm wrong let me know, the liquor stores around here get it and I fully intend on personally drinking atleast 1 case of this by myself. I love this stuff.

If I can ship it, I would be more than happy to swap.(swap as in I'll get extra, I am still consuming 1 case myself regardless of any swaps)

I'd be willing to work out a trade for some Hopslam if anyone wants to work something out.

Was lucky enough to come across it on tap this past Thursday.

If you held a gun to my head and asked me what the best beer I've ever had on tap was.....I would probably go ahead and say HopSlam.

Perfection. Straight up.

I was just at their place last sunday in Kalamazoo. Bought some items for brewing and had a sandwichin their new restaurant. Nice set up

Anyone in northwest indiana/chicago area that can't find it they have it at the Liquor Stop in highland. I bought a sixer there i believe it was $16 or so. Of course if you are far away call ahead to make sure they haven't sold out.

You're lucky to find Hopslam wherever you are (I'd assume areas local to Bell's may be an exception). Where I am in NC, one place that was lucky enough to get 2 cases of it is splitting it into mixed 6 packs (ONE Hopslam and 5 other random Bell's beers...a cherry stout, a Kalamazoo stout, and a few others) for $17 bucks apiece! The place where I got a whole sixer of it 2 years ago is still trying...I'm keeping my fingers crossed b/c they've promised to save one for me!

Yo murphyslaw, I just bought a bottle in Poukeepsie, NY (I am on a road trip) and when I told my son, he said they are selling it at 7-11 in Arlington, VA.

I can probably get my hands on some hopslam, but
i might drink it before I could ship it.

What rarities exist in your neck of the woods?

Just picked up a 6'er of hopslam the other night so good and so expensive, oh well great brew! We got 6 packs and mini kegs here

I paid $17.99 + tax + deposit... was $19.68 a sixer. I was pre warned that it was too sweet..... I absolutely think it is one of the best beers I have tried. Different strokes I guess. Going back for another $20.00 sixer tomorrow. I hope they run out of this stuff soon. LOL Saw the mini kegs but didn't check the price. I will now.

I've been dying to get one of the mini kegs but I live in Massachusetts. I just got a mini kegerator and would like to try it with something other than german lagers. If anyone can hook me up I can send some stuff in trade or cash.

I have some aged palo santo... uh... i can get all sorts of great east coast stuff, i can get schlafly... i can look into plenty of other stuff too.

I don't know what the 6xer was that I got in Big Rapids this past weekend, but the Minikegs are going for like $32. A good deal if you are going to drink that much in a short time.

I had one bottle on Friday and was disappointed. I emailed Bells about it and will try and check the date tonight. I didn't think of that before just now. I think it's fresh though, since the store I went to had already sold out of it once this year. But the place in town had a couple of 6xers that didn't sell for a couple of months last year. I seriously doubt they somehow managed to move those last years bottles to the other store, but I can't come up for a better reason why there was a significant LACK OF HOPS in that bottle I tried.

I even had a Shorts "The Liberator" right after and can affirm that my taste buds were not faulty. The Liberator was a very tasty IIPA!

Got a response from Bells on the hopslam and they say the recipe has not changed at all and they are interested in a batch number. So I'll send it to them and see what happens.

I was really hoping to have a few bottles to use to compare my own version with.

Thanks for all the trade offers folks. I've arranged a trade to get some Hopslam to Colorado. Most appreciated!

saw hopslam in my local beverage store today, 17.99 a sixer. they had 2 minikegs left for 39.99 each and said they would not be getting anymore in this year so I snatched them both. I seen them on e-bay this morning selling for $75-$100, crazy

Yeah I saw them on ebay... I can't justify being ripped off THAT badly.

Any chance you can part with one of the mini kegs?

:p

Yeah I saw them on ebay... I can't justify being ripped off THAT badly.

Any chance you can part with one of the mini kegs?

:p

yeah the ebay thing is such a scam.

possible, actually the worker there who I kinda know said there's one more mini keg in the back. I asked if they would keep it stashed for me (I still haven't tasted this beer yet) and I'd be back for it. the two I grabbed are spoken for - one's for a superbowl party and the other I grabbed for a buddy who collects mini kegs

Back