Keezer project started *pics*

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 kegs???? Holy cow. How often do you brew to keep that stocked?

Looks awesome. I'm getting a chest freezer for free in a few weeks, snagging it from my folks because they're moving.

I don't think I will make a keezer though, probably just put the kegs in and use a handle that connects right to the liquid port.

We brew as needed now, but it is typically a double brew day 10-15 gallons once or twice per month.

we actually have plans to get a 4 way manifold to start carbing kegs on the side so they are ready to go when the keezer needs a replacement.:tank:

ChadS99SVT said:
we actually have plans to get a 4 way manifold to start carbing kegs on the side so they are ready to go when the keezer needs a replacement.:tank:

How many people are typically drinkin' and how often do you kick a keg?

I love brewing but when I brew multiple times a month I can never drink it fast enough (which I guess is good).

I would brew for free is someone paid for all the ingredients, I just enjoy the process and hanging out while doing it.

How many people are typically drinkin' and how often do you kick a keg?

I love brewing but when I brew multiple times a month I can never drink it fast enough (which I guess is good).

I would brew for free is someone paid for all the ingredients, I just enjoy the process and hanging out while doing it.

Typically just myslef and my friend that I brew with. His fiancee will drink some from time to time if we brew something she likes. We have people over from time to time and plan to start bottling stuff again to share and ship out to friends.

Since we initially finished the build out in january we have kicked 5 kegs. We are finally getting to a point where we will probably have a backlog of beer and need to slow down. it is full right now and we have 2 beers fermenting.

pretty good place to be if you ask me.:D

6 kegs???? Holy cow. How often do you brew to keep that stocked?

Looks awesome. I'm getting a chest freezer for free in a few weeks, snagging it from my folks because they're moving.

I don't think I will make a keezer though, probably just put the kegs in and use a handle that connects right to the liquid port.

Thats pretty much how my dad has his setup. Its an 8-keg setup with no collar or anything and he just has them pouring from picnic taps.

riored4v said:
Thats pretty much how my dad has his setup. Its an 8-keg setup with no collar or anything and he just has them pouring from picnic taps.

I heard picnic taps foam up pretty good because they don't offer resistance like a tap handle. I was told you can use a picnic tap if the psi on your CO2 is around 1-3 psi and barely pouring out.

Anyone have experience using picnic taps?

I heard picnic taps foam up pretty good because they don't offer resistance like a tap handle. I was told you can use a picnic tap if the psi on your CO2 is around 1-3 psi and barely pouring out.

Anyone have experience using picnic taps?

We've been using the picnic tap setup for a few years now. It works good, even on 5ft lines. The pours are pretty much perfect and we have it set at right around 10-11psi.

old pic. he recently got a little big chest freezer, but has it all installed pretty much the same way

riored4v said:
We've been using the picnic tap setup for a few years now. It works good, even on 5ft lines. The pours are pretty much perfect and we have it set at right around 10-11psi.

Sweet. Cheaper to try than having individual tap handles on each keg. I will definitely be giving it a shot. Thanks for the picture.

I have success with my picnic taps. 8 psi seems to work best for me. I'm very content while my brew-funds are being diverted into the brewery system itself. I figure if I could have everything brew related all at once, it would be a couple of million dollars:D That includes the dancing girls/bar wenches and extra billiard tables

old pic. he recently got a little big chest freezer, but has it all installed pretty much the same way

What size chest freezer is this? Looks perfect.

Thanks. Id really like to make a keezer to hold both commercial and homebrew. Not sure on a size yet.

What size chest freezer is this? Looks perfect.

Thanks. Id really like to make a keezer to hold both commercial and homebrew. Not sure on a size yet.

that one was a 14.2. current are using a 14.7 with the same configuration but it will hold 8 instead of 7.

This keezer is awesome. I'm getting geared up to finish mine since I know got 7 kegs. I knew 6 could fit in the Kenmore 8.8 but just realized it doesnt look like I can spread the faucets even across the wholewhole front like I hoped due to height of kegs on hump =[ you think iif i got 2 in shanks instead of my 6in ones for those two over the hump I could mount them over the hump?

where did you get the high pressure co2 extension hose? and great build...

I believe I got that from Kegconnection.

This keezer is awesome. I'm getting geared up to finish mine since I know got 7 kegs. I knew 6 could fit in the Kenmore 8.8 but just realized it doesnt look like I can spread the faucets even across the wholewhole front like I hoped due to height of kegs on hump =[ you think iif i got 2 in shanks instead of my 6in ones for those two over the hump I could mount them over the hump?

Thanks. I think if you planned on mounting shanks over the hump, with the kegs there, I don't believe it would fit. I have really played around with it, but I know when I have my kegs on the hump, they are pretty much near the top of the lid and right up against the face of the keezer.

some updated pics. Got it pretty much finished up. Still need to order our last 2 perlicks and finish making our taphandles, but otherwise... here she is:rockin:

Got the drip tray mounts glued in to place. using tape to hold them until the glue dries.

If you don't mind my asking - where did you get the drip tray mounts? I checked a few of my regular supply shops, and didn't find any.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back