PID Controller for RIMS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks exactly like the one I purchased from Auberins. I say yes.

is there any specifications it needs to have such as the amp rating or anything like that?

MANY folks on HBT use Auber's PIDs.

The PID you linked may work fine, but you might want to consider one from Auber. They have a very good reputation for reliability, support, and functionality required for Home Brew applications.

There are probably 100+ users here that could answer questions you may have on the Auber PIDs, if you have a question on the one from Amazon, you may have to look a bit further.

BTW... I'm not in any way associated with Auber.

Ed makes some very good points. For a few dollars more, the added support is worth it. Having said that, if you are comfortable with PID functions and wouldn't need a real person to trouble-shoot your configuration parameters(ask me how I know!), you could save a few bucks. Here is the link the the SSR output PID from Auber for comparison. http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3

was wondering if this is a good controller suitable for a rims setup?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002PIM3R8/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

trying to stay low on price.

Does anyone know what brand this is? Is there a manufacturer's website?
Having choices is better than not having choices, but if it were me I would like to see a manufacturer's website before investing in this.
It is likely not an exact clone of the Auber (or the other way) because with this one you can use both relay and SSR with the same PID. Perhaps there are other differences as well, particularly firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
I second Ohio-Ed's advice. Just for the info already available on HBT and from Auber it is worth the difference in price.

I'm not affiliated with Auber either. I also don't own one FWIW. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Brewtroller instead...

I bought two Auber PID's, one for my E-HERMS I am building and one for my Kegerator. I wired it up with no problems last night for my Kegerator and I love it! Plus like everyone else has been saying, Auber has a good reputation.

Not sure what brand it is, but it's the same as the ones on Ebay. I have an Auber SYL-2352 and I gotta say it's pretty high quality.

I could not locate a business website with their name. There is a web development tool with the same name but it appears to be unrelated. My search repeatedly came up with their E-bay site. They have various and sundry electronics instruments and equipment, same exact thing listed for various prices. I think it is a front for a Chinese copy-cat operation. They may work fine, but why chance it for $4-5.

Good move!! You don't want to be penny wise and dollar foolish. Auber has been very good with support and quality. That has intrinsic value in itself.

Back