MCMENAMINS Copper moon Recipe anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
So i was in portland for a week last month and i drank so much of Mcmenamins pub and had there copper moon. It was great . So of course im at home now trying to recreate it . I found a list of the ingredients on the Mcmenamins page i have listed below.. But im not really good at calculating how much of these to use. Also it is unfortunate they do not say what yeaast they use... That tends to be a big factor in the final flavor of the beer. So if anyone can help or has a recipe of this beer i would be very happy!

Malts Used: Great Western Organic 2-row Malt, Great Western Organic Munich Malt, Great Western Organic 60L Crystal Malt
Hops Used: Chinook (Bittering), Centennial (Flavor), Amarillo (Aroma)

Doing a quick google search shows Copper Moon comes in at about 25 IBU's. That should help with the hops. Not sure about Yeast though.

I drink that beer from time to time and I think a good starting point on yeast would be to try some S-04

Back