Best damned birthday ever!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneOakDesign

Reaction score
so i need to tell the story to set this up. this last september, my wife and i found out we were expecting our first child. the day we found out, i went out and bought 2 bottles of dogfish head 120 minute. i put in my kegerator in the back and planned on drinking them with my BIL's the day i brought my new son home. this past thursday at 9:26am, my wife gave birth to my son, jackson douglas thigpen. it was an all natural birth, my wife is a badass!!! so today, my 30th birthday, we got to bring my new son home for the first time. some of the family came over to celebrate. my wife cracked open one of the bottles and poured it and brought it to me just as i was holding jackson. so here is a pic from my most memorable birthday. this has been an experience i won't soon forget. life just doesn't get any better than this!!

DSC04657.jpg

by the way, after 10 months of aging, the 120 minute was awesome! just the thing after our great experience!!!:mug:

good stuff, man! thanks for sharing it with us ! you're in a magical time in your life and its good to see that you recognize that. Cheers, dude! :mug:

i plan on brewing 10 gallons of belgian wit and 10 gallons of a stout recipe that i've been working on this week. i'm looking forward to my first brew sessions with my new assistant! hell, i'm looking forward to everything with him now!!

You look happier than a thig in...

Naw, today's not the day. Congratulations! What a day!!

don't hold back on account of my big day!! i actually look forward to people coming up with new variations on my name. i have heard some creative things in my 30 years!!

God has granted us another sign of the wonders of life. May your family have bountiful happiness and heath.

Back