Austin Homebrew Delirium Tremens Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Korben

Reaction score
Anyone tried this kit? Also I was wondering if it comes with the specialty spices.. aka grains of paradise. Also, for the yeast they suggest double pitching I thought I would do one better than this make a start and plus a vial or make a first a second generation starter from a DT bottle (probably what I will do). Also, if not this kit can someone point me to a extract kit or atleast an extract recipe (seen a couple but always looking for more)... Thanks

Anyone tried this kit? Also I was wondering if it comes with the specialty spices.. aka grains of paradise. Also, for the yeast they suggest double pitching I thought I would do one better than this make a start and plus a vial or make a first a second generation starter from a DT bottle (probably what I will do). Also, if not this kit can someone point me to a extract kit or atleast an extract recipe (seen a couple but always looking for more)... Thanks

This is supposedly from some Dutch homebrewers who got the recipe from the Huyghe brewmaster himself...

85% Pils
15% Beet or candi sugar
2.4g/gal Coriander
0.8g/gal Ginger
0.8g/gal Paradise
22 IBUs of probably Styrian Goldings & Saaz (no further details divulged)
Wyeast 1388 & S-04 (pitched together, roused at 1.030)

125F mash-in, 45min at 144F, 30min at 158F, 172F mashout

I haven't made the kit (or any clone of that beer) so I can't tell you about the recipe. I will say, though, that the AHS kits I have done have been complete, so I assume that it's all there. I would definitely suggest a yeast starter with one vial of yeast, and check out mrmalty.com for a great pitching calculator on how much yeast is recommended for each beer you make.

Back