Sanke Valve/Spears

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supurb

Reaction score
Does anyone know where i can get a couple of Sanke Spears. I have not been able to locate anyone selling them on the internet. I"m assuming its because only commercially liscensed operations should owning and messing around with Sanke kegs.

Anyway, i was given two brand new rubber coated quarter barrels. They were used by a beer vendor for demonstration perposes only so all the spears are removed.

I would like to return them to working order, does anyone know where I can get some valve/spears, or perhaps someone has some laying around after a brew keg conversion. I would be happy to pay some money for them.

What kind of spear? The standard ones that get held in by the clip of the ones that thread in? I thought the rubber kegs were miller and had screw in spears. I have some standard ones but no screw in threaded type. I think micromatic also sells spears, you might have to call them.

I'll take a look. I never heard of the screw in style but you are correct these are miller kegs so that could be the case.

I have at least one and maybe two I could send you. They're the standard non-threaded style though. Figure out what type you need and let me know, I'd just ask you to pay shipping if you want mine. If you need more than I have, or the threaded type, put a want ad in the classifieds section here. Lots of people have spares from making keggles.

Just an update, my kegs have mysteriously dissappeared from my basement. I will contact you guys directly If i manage to recover them after I interrogate my tenants.

Back