BREW DAY-Northern Brewer Belgian Trip. kit ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoRoToRiUm

Reaction score
Yeast smack pack is swelled nicely, equipment sanitized(some still in starsan), and I noticed something odd and wasn't sure if I'm missing something or am going to screw up this brew. Here's the kit:

Specialty Grains

* 0.5 lbs. Dingemans Caramel Pils

Fermentables

* 6 lbs. Gold Malt Syrup
* 3.15 lbs. Gold Malt Syrup
* 1 lbs. Clear Belgian Candi Sugar

Boil Additions

* 0.5 oz. Summit (60 min)
* 1 oz. Saaz (1 min)

Yeast

* Wyeast #3787 Trappist High Gravity. Optimum temperature: 64-78° F.

Note the fermentables-

* 6 lbs. Gold Malt Syrup
* 3.15 lbs. Gold Malt Syrup
* 1 lbs. Clear Belgian Candi Sugar

Why do they have the 6 lbs and 3.5 lbs separate if the second is not a later addition (no time listed)?

Also, just because this is my first triple, I do add the sugar at 60, right? (60 minute total boil time after specialty grains). Thanks in advance!

RDWHAHB. What's done is done; should be fine as that what the instructions relay :mug:

I've got the same kit in primary right now. I think the two quantities are just because that's the size of their containers... it's half gallon and quart containers... they didn't have a 3/4 gallon container.

Welcome to the threads, and thanks for the feed back; it's sitting happily in primary as we speak

Back