Heading to San Diego - Brewpub recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Professor Frink

Reaction score
I'm heading out to San Diego tomorrow to visit the SWMBO, any recommendations on brewpubs to hit up? I'm definitely penciling in Stone, but I know there's a bunch of others out there.

one of the best beer bars here is Hamiltons Tavern. You should definitely check it out while your here. They have 20 or so on tap and at least 60 in bottles (probably much more than that). And they bartenders are very knowledgable, so you can ask them anything and taste anything as well. Much better than O'briens, but no AHA discount.

it really depends on what part of San Diego you're staying in, it's a pretty spread city, and each area has it's perks. However, you should check out Stone's Brewery, great place.

Thanks, I'll definitely try to hit up those places. My girlfriend lives in Hillcrest, she doesn't have a car, so the closer the better.

Don't miss Russian River! I got a lotta crap over missing it when I was in the area.

Russian River is in Santa Rosa.

I second Hamilton's. Great bar.

I also really love the Live Wire on El Cajon Blvd.

O'Brien's is great as well.

As far as brewpubs, when your up in Escondido visiting Stone, be sure and stop by Pizza Port in Solana Beach.

Not a pub but you can also check out Lost Abbey and Green Flash while in North County.

Also hit Alesmith if you get the chance.

As far as brewpubs, when your up in Escondido visiting Stone, be sure and stop by Pizza Port in Solana Beach.

Not a pub but you can also check out Lost Abbey and Green Flash while in North County.

Be sure to get some Lost Abbey and Stone Brewing is huge and is insane!

Well kind of late but I hope you tried The Field downtown! Not really a "brewpub" per say, but they have GENUINE Guiness from the barrel there. Best I ever had.

Back