What the hell is this? (or, "please help identify this")

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancingbarefoot

Reaction score
So I stopped at a garage sale this morning and found a bunch of homebrewing supplies. Sadly, no tap setup, but still, how often do you find homebrewing stuff at garage sales? (The best part? I offered him half what he wanted for it and he accepted. I thought he'd at least bargain with me for somewhere in the middle, but no! $20 for everything. Couldn't resist my charm, apparently. Ha!) :tank:

I basically got a beginner's homebrewing kit minus the grains and yeast, with a few extras that appear to be for an all-grain setup. I recognize all of it except this little bugger:

mysteryum8.jpg

Is this a brewing related part at all, or just some random piece o' crap that somehow ended up in the pile of stuff? If anyone can identify it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Lawnmower engine? Wonder if the guy needs it back? (And how the hell did it get in the bucket of homebrewing gear? ;) )

Thanks for the info!

Now I have to decide what to brew with my new equipment. :D

C'mon guys, you know that's an individual grain cracking tool... put one piece of grain between the jaws at a time... :drunk:

:mug: Ize

Looks more like a whim-wham for making smoke on a grinder!

Speaking from experience, that's a low speed switching apparatus for a flux capacitor - the tough part is adjusting them - you can only do it with a metric crescent wrench.....

Skol!

rod said:
that is a set of points from a lawnmower engine

Do lawnmower engines even use points? I thought they had magnetos......

Actually that's a tapper switch from an old telegraph station.......:D

homebrewer_99 said:
I'm starting to worry about you...you're getting to sound like Cheesefood more and more...;)

Yeah but Cheesefood uses pictures to get the point across......gotta work on that BillyBrew.

homebrewer_99 said:
Like your avatar is "angelic"...OK, bad example...:D ;)

Yeah my SWMBO was b*tching up a storm about it.....my eyesight is not that bad right...she is fully clothed and all :) What gives :D

HAHAHAHA!! ROFLMAO!!!
Chimone said:
no, no, no

thats the tool you use to grease your muffler bearings

Would that be the telescopic or the oscillating muffler bearings? I always get those confused.....:drunk:

HAHAHAHAH!!!

Grimsawyer said:
HAHAHAHA!! ROFLMAO!!!

Would that be the telescopic or the oscillating muffler bearings? I always get those confused.....:drunk:

HAHAHAHAH!!!

The one that attaches to the SWMBO to quiet her down while your driving.

Funny thing is lawnmowers haven't used points and condenser ignition systems for probably ten years or more. It's been solid state ignition for sometime now. I bet he didn't even have the mower that thing came from. When it was new it probably cost less than $10.. I could probably take the plasma inductor.. er.. I mean points off your hands for a dollar or two if you covered shipping.

:D

Back