Graveyard Shifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hell Brew

Reaction score
Does anyone else here work nights? I am at work right now and have nothing to do. I work at a hospital and unless someone needs their blood drawn I just sit until I feel like going on a smoke break. I guess thats not so bad now that I think about it. Except my friend just called me from the bar.:(

Hell Brew said:
Does anyone else here work nights? I am at work right now and have nothing to do. I work at a hospital and unless someone needs their blood drawn I just sit until I feel like going on a smoke break. I guess thats not so bad now that I think about it. Except my friend just called me from the bar.:(

Sounds like a good time to study up on some new recipes and read some beer reviews at beeradvocate.com

My computer at work won' t let me because I would have to download javascript and they watch things pretty close on these computers. I' ll have to check it out when I am at home one night. Once my daughters born I am sure I will have a few night awake.LOL

I dont work nights, but I do work swings. Its 3-11pm, and I know how you feel about friends/family calling from bars/resturants/gatherings, it sucks. But it does give a lot of time to learn from the great brewers here on HBT. :mug:

I work a rotating schedule that changes weekly. the worst part of my shift is working seven days before a day off and only having one weekend off a month.

One and a half years of school left and I will hopefully have me a day job.:D

Nights here too. I tried to work days once.......wasn't pretty. But usually I am pretty busy , makes the time go by faster. I sometimes bring books, or magazines for when it is slow. But now people bring in those portable DVD players. My wife works nights too so we are on the same schedule. Enjoy those night!

Here I am, working with you guys. I do lots of night shifts, so many lately in fact, that I'm picking up vampiric qualities. I think I'm growing fangs. :D

I hate night shifts...the older I get, the harder it is to recover from them. I'm a 64 year old man in a 34 year old body from all these damn nights!!!

Dude said:
Here I am, working with you guys. I do lots of night shifts, so many lately in fact, that I'm picking up vampiric qualities. I think I'm growing fangs. :D

I hate night shifts...the older I get, the harder it is to recover from them. I'm a 64 year old man in a 34 year old body from all these damn nights!!!
Funny you should mention the vampire thing cause part of my job is drawing blood. So in theory I am a vampire. But I do like garlic, and I surf alot so I am by far the tannest vampire ever.:D

Been working mostly nights since '78. Nothin' like early mornin' happy hour and sunrise brewin'.

Wild

Back